Season Prognastications

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by RainH2burntO, Sep 3, 2021.

1. RainH2burntO

RainH2burntO 2,500+ Posts

Think we have been so focused on Lala we forgot this. This has been discussed some, but as I recall we usually have a season record prediction thread.

I'll go with 9-3 with losses to 2 of ou, iowa st, tcu, osu and one surprise loss to a team outside of that group...also one "surprise" or impressive win over one of those plus the other being a refreshing win, also.
    The race for 2nd to get in the CCG will be tight between UT, iowa st., and tcu and hard to call right now.
    Add a bowl win for a 10-3 finish and only the second 10 win season since 2009.
    Season notable factors:
    Inexperience (and maybe instability) at qb position
    Defensive growth and emergence as real force
    Growing pains with new coaching/schemes/culture
    One of the best 1-2 backfields in country
    Highs and lows for oline but overall improvement there
    Still needing more depth and firepower at WR
    Healthy competition remains in secondary
    More impactful TE usage/play
    More impressive victories
    Better coaching
    ou and aggy peaking and with weak schedules

Last edited: Sep 3, 2021
  2. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

The optimist in me says 10-2 with losses to OU and Iowa State and wins over everyone else. The pessimist sees 7-5 on the table because a young team struggles on the road in Fort Worth, Fayettenam and Morgantown or loses a home game against a good Okie State or Ulala team.

So splitting the baby that 9-3 is very possible but 8-4 is the more likely result.

I reserve the right to reassess in two weeks after we see this team against a ranked Ulala and then on road at what will be a wild road atmosphere for the Arkansas game. Win those two (and frankly Texas should win both) and suddenly 10-2 really is on the table, lose one and that 8-4/7-5 prediction is the more likely final result.

3. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

I have said 9-3 with a +/- 2 game swing due to unforeseen factors that will affect us and our opponents.

4. erbutch

erbutch 500+ Posts

I want to say 7-5 because of new coach and new QB. However I will be go 8-4 and be optimistic.

5. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

The pessimist in me sees 10-2.
    The optimist in me sees 11-1
    :hookem3:
    The super optimist in me sees 14-1

Last edited: Sep 3, 2021
  6. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

For some ignorant reason, I think we beat Iowa State at their place, but Morgantown in November bothers me, as does Mike Gundy. I'll go with 9-3

7. NJlonghorn

NJlonghorn 2,500+ Posts

I'll stay true to my optimist roots. 11-1 regular season, avenge loss to OU in CCG, then lose in national semifinal.

8. Duck Dodgers

Duck Dodgers 1,000+ Posts

The first post sounds reasonable.

The first year for a new coach is always hard to predict - while my handy risked win percentage based on Herman's other 3 years nailed last year's record and losses to.

9-3, and a good bowl win is a successful first season - with a B12 title next year the goal. The 2nd year for a coach is often when they step things up to a higher level - if they are going to do so.

• Agree Agree x 1