Season tickets are a rip off

Discussion in 'In The Stands' started by sphinx, Mar 15, 2015.

1. sphinx

sphinx Guest

You can scalp better seats at a lower price. Do the math.

2. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

On the other hand, when the Horns (and OU) had it going, I would sell my OU tickets that would almost offset the season ticket package. One year I sold my tickets for a TT game as well and almost offset my LF donation. Thus, I saw 5 home games for basically nothing.

3. sphinx

sphinx Guest

They don't have it going now. Someone would basically have to be an idiot to get season tickets. You basically can't give away tickets to some games.

4. Htown77

Htown77 5,000+ Posts

This is very true and it has not been this way in a long time. Patterson was concerned about people selling tickets on stubhub. All I thought was "selling? last year it was incredibly difficult to just give extra tickets away."

Last edited: Mar 15, 2015
  5. BananaChipBettor

BananaChipBettor 100+ Posts

I made my donation and renewed all of my seats. My time is worth more than trying to score some tickets on the secondary market. If I had to follow up your generalization with one of my own: Someone would basically have to be a poor or cheap, to not help out the program and waste their time trying to buy secondary tickets. Not that I believe that's accurate, but it's about as grand as your statement.

6. PecosBill

PecosBill 1,000+ Posts

Going to be expensive to join, in a couple of years when things get better.

$150 LHF plus $75 per ticket is cheap.

Do the math.

• Like Like x 1
  7. sphinx

sphinx Guest

Tickets are basically free at DKR-TMS. Anything above free is a rip off.

Season tickets are an even bigger rip off. Patterson is preying on your loyalty to the University and laughing all the way to the bank.

8. BananaChipBettor

BananaChipBettor 100+ Posts

Yup, if things get rolling, it' going to get expensive. With the grandfathered no sale clause, secondary supply is going to shrink no matter. It doesn't matter what the team does, any decent secondary seat for ND in 2016, will probably run you $500.

Like I said, I don't want to waste my time buying single game tickets. I want to support the program. I don't like change, so I want the peace of mind of knowing I can sit where I want and have those tickets in hand. Also, I can write off 80% of my LHF donation, so that's nice too.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Texas Taps

Texas Taps 5,000+ Posts

Look up the definition of "donation". You're welcome

• Like Like x 1
  10. sphinx

sphinx Guest

Folks no one is a bigger fan and supporter of UT Athletics then myself. This is a pure question of economics. Supply and demand. Supply far exceeds demand. It's a pure question of economics.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Texas Taps

Texas Taps 5,000+ Posts

It's not a pure question of economics for me. I don't donate because it's a tax deduction

12. PecosBill

PecosBill 1,000+ Posts

The LHF donation is the way I choose to support UT Athletics.

The cost of season tickets is how I choose to have fun with family and friends seated next to me.

Economics has nothing to do with it. IMO.

13. shaggy refuge

shaggy refuge 500+ Posts

• Name calling is restricted in the Posting Guidelines.
    Still the same ole ******* after all these years, I see! You need to go to shaggy. You'd fit right in.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Texas Taps

Texas Taps 5,000+ Posts

Please join your fellow Longhorns by donating because it's the right thing to do and not because you receive a benefit. You're welcome :hookem2:

:yippee:

15. IvanDiabloHorn

IvanDiabloHorn 1,000+ Posts

550.00 for 6 games = $91.66 per game per season ticket. The supply side will greatly outweigh the demand side this year. The tickets are overvalued and with a surplus of tickets, Patterson does not want competition with LF members selling tickets, hence the no resell policy. The LF members would be selling well under cost and so will Patterson.

16. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

^^^^THIS. I sold 2 tickets to the 2006 tOSU game in Austin for my son. Paid for his season package and he had some left over.

17. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Yep...Agree

18. JohnnyYuma

JohnnyYuma 500+ Posts

Check out the price of ND tix next year. There will be serious scalping for that one.

• Like Like x 1
  19. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Yup those ticket prices seem high. Demand will equal or exceed supply once the team starting winning with some consistency again, although demand will be weaker when KU, Rice or Iowa State come to town.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2015
  20. sphinx

sphinx Guest

Folks this is economics plain and simple. A quick view of DKR-TMS can show thousands of empty seats. These are seats that can't be given away for free.

21. majorwhiteapples

majorwhiteapples 5,000+ Posts

The Ohio State Game tickets that I sold paid for 5 years of season tickets and donations.

The games that are coming up in the next few years will pay for multiple seasons, just need to keep this away from the Longhorn Gestapo!!!!

22. Texas Taps

Texas Taps 5,000+ Posts

I'll name, names :smokin:

23. PecosBill

PecosBill 1,000+ Posts

24. PecosBill

PecosBill 1,000+ Posts

Patterson and Company must believe that demand will following winning in the coming years.

Scalp or Free seats for a season or two then join at the new market rate.

Enjoy sitting in the corners.

25. PecosBill

PecosBill 1,000+ Posts

$199 season Tix for designated cheap seats plus $20 for parking out of LHF parking is $36 per game.