Season Tickets

Discussion in 'In The Stands' started by EMJ426, May 23, 2019.

1. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Vol,

No doubt the University's funds are managed piss poorly, but the Athletic Department is a separate, independent entity.

2. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

They still have to follow State investment rules which are part of the problem. Still 2 months hold back might pay for for Herman's car for a year. Retired teachers have the same problem with the State rules.

3. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Teachers Retirement Fund is a cesspool nobody wants or will look into. Investments that even the second floor of the Rusk hospital wouldn't make.

4. yelladawgdem

yelladawgdem 2,500+ Posts

As recently as 2014 and 2015, I was offered the purchase of 4 (four) additional seats to the ball game due to demand being low. This was in addition to the four that I purchased with my season tickets. While we were charter members of the Foundation, we were not big time donors. I purchased extra seats both times which ended up being in the northeast upper deck (students and young alumni) for friends who had never been to the game before.

The 2015 game tickets went to a single Dad I know with three sons that were then 12, 10 & 7. The boys had never been to a UT game before and when we won 24-17, I pretty much became their favorite person on earth.

For a number of reasons, after 38 years that was the last year that we purchased season tickets.

:hookem2: