SEC-ceding Movement Gaining Ground?

Discussion in 'In The Stands' started by HousHorn09, Sep 15, 2010.

1. HousHorn09

HousHorn09 2,500+ Posts

aggy is determined to attain "oblivious status".
    [​IMG]

The Link
    aggy Gold

2. muschyD

muschyD 250+ Posts

I say this to myself every time I read something over there: Man those guys are dipsh!ts.

3. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

That bunch is something else.

4. Pogo

Pogo 250+ Posts

5. Texanne

Texanne 5,000+ Posts

Damn, I wish they HAD gone to the SEC. I like the idea of living life without having to hear WHOOP! all the time.

6. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

No, you would still hear it. They would summarily get thumped over there like they do over here. Sure, they would eek out a victory here and there like they do in this conference but they are an average team in their history. But the difference would be them whooping all the time proud to be the bottom feeder of the SEC and saying how that is better than being the best or elite of the Big/Little 10.

Their excuses to whoop and make noise don't have to make sense.

7. blonthang

blonthang 2,500+ Posts

I hope aggy bolts soon to the SEC or somewhere else ---- just get the HELL away from my beloved UT-Austin.

IMHO, they're a drag on Texas' (UT) ascendancy to the top of all-sports, all-academic status among public universities in the U.S.

We're kind of used to them being around, but I'm guessing that most of the U.S. thinks them, rightly, as a bunch of self-ego-centered hicks who thinks they're West Point and Harvard rolled into one.

Texas (UT) has OU as a perennial, traditional national power rival. A real rival.

We don't need little, snot-nosed brother always trailing along, spoiling our date with a hottie.

Go, GO, I say to the SEC. They could use some more bottom feeders like piggy.

8. Wasatch Horn

Wasatch Horn 250+ Posts

The more I think about it the more I like the idea of Texas and Oklahoma going independent. With BYU and Notre Dame already Independent we would have our November filled in and we can then schedule who when want. The best part is we can either cancel our game with the aggsy or force them to do a 2 for one if they want to play us. [​IMG]

9. Santafe

Santafe 500+ Posts

I hope A&M doesn't waste any time gaining admission into the SEC. The sooner the better as far as I'm concerned--and let's make sure the door slams their butt on the way out. Besides, if A&M leaves the Big-12 Light, this conference hopefully will break up and force UT to join the Pac-10 or Big Ten.

10. Whiterock Horn

Whiterock Horn 1,000+ Posts

As one of their own has said - Adios mofos.

11. J D the Obscure

J D the Obscure 250+ Posts

aggy had to score 21 in the 4th quarter to beat Florida International and they still want to play a schedule that includes LSU, Bama, Auburn, Arky, Florida, et. al.?

12. Horn89

Horn89 1,000+ Posts

For the immediate future, they are screwed.
    1) Stay in a south division with Texas and OU. Hope to play spoiler to one of them once every few years. Remain irrelevant (and btw, between Okie State, Tech, and Baylor, they don't have one "gimme" in their division.
    2) Flee the shadow of Mack and Stoops...into the waiting arms of Arkansas, LSU, Florida, Auburn, Tennesee, Bama, etc. Hope to play spoiler to one of them once every few years. Remain irrelevant.

At the moment, they have some nice skill position players on offense, and a couple of good linemen. Their defense is awful. They have mediocre starters and woeful depth. Other than QB, RB, WR, their athletes are remarkably un-athletic compared to the competition.

Honestly, I don't know how they dig out.

13. TDTexas!

TDTexas! 250+ Posts

you guys are missing the point. the reason thie aggy drama has played out this far is to supply us comedy when the WAC, Mountain West and Conference USA all show up in the land of fearful sheep when the sec says dont call us, we'll call you. again.

14. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

15. kujotx

kujotx 500+ Posts

Just when you think it's impossible, they always find a way too out-stupid themselves. Is that what they do with all of their research-grant money?

16. PabTexas

PabTexas 250+ Posts

[​IMG]

Ahhh, that just made my day. How hilarious.

17. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts