SEC SEC SEC

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by old65horn, Nov 30, 2019.

1. old65horn

old65horn 1,000+ Posts

The SEC is running a scam of a schedule. I am sure that most, more knowledgeable, posters knew this. The SEC only has 8 conference games. The get to play up to 4 cup cakes and keep people healthy.

Alabama is 10-1 but has NOT beaten a ranked team.

The SEC has taken a page out of Notre Dame's and The Old Miami play book. Schedule 2 or 3 good programs well spaced so they are not back to back to back.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Hot Hot x 1
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2019
  2. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Yep, this isn't news, but it bears a lot of repeating.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Hmmm, this year, Bama played:

Non Conf: Duke, NM State, South Miss, West. Carolina =4

Conference: S. Carolina, Ole Miss, Aggy, Tennessee, Arky, LSU, Miss St., Auburn =8

Looks like 12 games with in 8 conference. But look who they played in the non-conference; Duke (ACC P5), N.Mex. St. (Western Ath. Conf.), So. Miss (Conf. USA) and Western Carolina University (Southern Conf.). Overall, They have played only 5 teams with a winning record, Miss St. is break even (6-6)

2019 Records to date Non Conference:
    Duke 4-7
    N. Mexico St. 2-9
    So Miss. 7-4
    Western Carolina 3-9

Bama's SEC Conference Games:
    S. Carolina 4-8
    Ole Miss 4-8
    Aggy 7-4
    Tennessee 6-5
    Arky 2-10
    LSU 11-0
    Miss. St. 6-6
    Auburn 8-3

It speaks for itself. Bama and all the other SEC programs only play 4 or maybe five teams with winning records. But all SEC team play only 8 conference games and the out of conference are generally play at the home field of the SEC team.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. MajesticII

MajesticII 1,000+ Posts

They are partnered with ESPN, which has a grip on the college football world, so they get away with it.

5. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

and CBS.

6. militaryhorn

militaryhorn Prediction Contest Manager

The Iron Bowl is a great defensive SEC battle.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  7. envgeo

envgeo 500+ Posts

why whine? add 2 teams and play 8 conference games. everyone (ok, almost everyone) will have one more win and lift the status of the whole conference. easier to chance yourself than someone else.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. longhorn47

longhorn47 500+ Posts

They call the 3rd Saturday in November, Cupcake Saturday in the $EC.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. old65horn

old65horn 1,000+ Posts

I think we are saying the same thing. I have corrected my conference game number so the total number of games is 12, not 11. Stupid mistake on my part.

10. BornOrange0855

BornOrange0855 250+ Posts

I'm just as sick of the SEC as anybody. But it's a tough league. But that Cupcake Saturday thing is embarrassing.

11. RainH2burntO

RainH2burntO 2,500+ Posts

This isn't news, but it bears alot of repeating.

12. RainH2burntO

And the selection committee??

13. 22Horn

22Horn 500+ Posts

.....and 'Bama still has not beaten a ranked opponent.

pretty common, that's the SEC schedule, don't play them all (Geo vs Aggie this year was first time they played since aggie joined the SEC) and have a better chance to win and be ranked. Lot of cream puffs on their schedules. I mentioned to a friend that Miss St was playing ACU; he said but what about Texas playing Rice....!! Not the same.

14. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

15. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

:puke:; but not surprising due to the $EC Network by ESPN.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. rick mueller

rick mueller Burnt Orange Bleeder

Nothing (new) to see here. Move along.

17. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

As many know, Fox pretty much became the very successful network that it is today by “blowing CBS away” a few decades ago (I forgot the year) and stealing the NFC package from them. As the story goes, when Jerry Jones and Pat Bowlen (in the meeting with Fox) heard the number they were kicking each other under the table like two kids. Fox launched all kinds of successful non-sports programming as a result of that coup.

It’ll be interesting to see if history repeats itself in this negotiation. I wouldn’t bet against them.

18. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Funny Funny x 2
  19. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Lane Kiffin needs to send that dog-peeing guy a humongous gift basket each Christmas.

• Hot Hot x 1
  20. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

That photo says more about the SEC than any other photo I can think of.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

"Why Ole Miss is the Classiest University."

Why Ole Miss Is The Classiest University

Excerpt:

"Ole Miss is known as one of the most southern schools there is,*** which just means the people are full of southern hospitality. You can be sure to be greeted with a warm smile and a Hotty Toddy greeting. If all that just doesn't make for the classiest university, then I don't know what does. Ole Miss is a classy institution that we are all lucky to attend. Hotty Toddy, y'all."

*** So true, on multiple levels...

• Funny Funny x 3
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2020
  22. Detective Shilala

Detective Shilala 2,500+ Posts

"Southern hospitality" can mean some very different things to different people.

• Agree Agree x 2
  23. rick mueller

rick mueller Burnt Orange Bleeder

As in, "He sure has a purty mouth!"

• Funny Funny x 2
  24. RainH2burntO

In the South....

" Here comes Jane......"
    (Girls as Jane enters)
    "Jane! Omg I love your hair! You look so amazing. Who did your hair, girl? You go girl."
    [After Jane leaves]
    "Omg did you see that mess?!? What in the world was she thinking?? Remind me to never step foot in that place...What was the place she said again?..."

In the North....
    "Look...here comes Jane."
    "And what is on her head??"
    (Girls as Jane enters)
    "Jane...What is going on with your hair, girl. It is a mess. Who did this to you??"

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2020
  25. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

You forgot the “bless her heart”.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  26. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

I prefer this scenario

Jane enters room. Austin Bill ignores.
    People are talking, Austin Bill ignores.
    People talk to Jane, Austin Bill Ignores.
    People laugh, as Jane leaves in tears, Austin Bill ignores.

Austin Bill is too old to care about what a bunch of Southern millennial snowflakes do or say.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  27. wadster

wadster 5,000+ Posts

Or Austin Bill could take compassion on said Southern millennial snowflake and wish here a good day because she's still a person whether one agrees with her world view or not.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • WTF? WTF? x 1
  28. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

I suspect southern millennial snowflake never asked bill for advice to begin with.

29. zuckercanyon

zuckercanyon 2,500+ Posts

It would confuse the millennial... “um, WHY are you talking to me in that TONE?! And WHERE is my SAFE SPACE?”

• Hot Hot x 1
  30. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

Nah, Austin Bill will ignore.

You see, Austin Bill grew up with bullies all around him, and he knows that there is only one way to handle a bully and that is to stand up to him/her. This is a lesson the snowflakes know nothing about. If you want to see a person truly grow, let them do a George McFly on their bully.