SEC's Kramer: Five Super Conferences Coming . . .

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by jctex, Jun 11, 2010.

1. jctex

jctex 25+ Posts

2. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

I've felt like this was coming for a long time. The next step - which I don't know will happen but would infinitely help the sport - is for those five conferences to have their own super-league, like Texas did with 5A.

If it's not fair to the mid-tier schools who can't reasonably expect to compete for a national championship, then give them their own tier have the five super conferences compete in their own league for a separate title. This inevitably leads to a playoff, I think, as you get fewer and fewer teams involved and more and more of them that can reasonably say they can win a title.

Five conference champions, six at at-large bids that play for the three remaining spots, and we have an eight-team playoff.

3. salonghorn-70

salonghorn-70 2,500+ Posts

4. NJlonghorn

NJlonghorn 2,500+ Posts

And I would add one more thing. Teams from a superconference should play all of their non-conference games against teams from another superconference. No more easy games against directional schools or local powderpuffs. Certainly none of this Div. 1AA or Div. 2 crap.