Sedona News...

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by DFW_Horn, Apr 6, 2019.

1. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Sedona’s injury proved much more troublesome than I expected but, not being a medical professional, what I expect/know isn’t worth a hill of beans. She posted this a few hours ago and I hope it’s a sign that she is on the road to full recovery. By the way, if you have a delicate stomach, you probably don’t want to watch the brief video.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

Ouch, that looks painful. It’s interesting that they removed the rod, I thought it would stay in there to prevent the same injury.

• Like Like x 1
  3. cactus47

cactus47 25+ Posts

4. leanderhorn

leanderhorn 25+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  5. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

I'm sure there are SOP's and protocols the school must follow. I'm not going to make judgement unless I know what "should have been done" and if Texas didn't do everything they were supposed to. How do we know what Oregon would've done? Unless there's a comparable athlete and comparable situation from another school I don't know how you can make any judgement.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. justabbfan

justabbfan 250+ Posts

I’ll probably get flamed for saying this but here goes anyway. What a stinking pile of BS. Some really loaded words used - safe, neglected? I don’t believe any of it. Shame on the player for derogatory comments when she knows her former coach or program cannot respond and shame on her new coach for allowing it.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • poop poop x 1
  8. Bobcat

Bobcat 500+ Posts

And SHAME ON YOU for trying to vilify her when you know NOTHING about it!!!!!

• poop poop x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2019
  9. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Exactly. I recall her hamming it up from the bench during games (kind of like a healthy Jordany Hosey used to do), jumping up and down, running to greet her teammates coming off the court during a timeout, etc.

• Like Like x 3
    • poop poop x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

And SHAME ON YOU for always acting so self-righteous.

Surely you haven't forgotten all the whining you've done on this board about everyone having the right to "post their opinion" without being "attacked".

Just look at you now . . .

• Agree Agree x 3
    • poop poop x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

Yeah, I don’t believe any of it. But she can’t just say she transferred to Oregon for basketball reasons like she obviously did because she wouldn’t have any shot at all to getting eligible immediately. I said it when she transferred, she was using the “medical” reason as a crutch so she could play right away if she was healthy. You have to remember, if she has to sit out it will be two years since she played competitive basketball. EVERYBODY involved in wbb knew when it was announced that she was transferring she was either going to Oregon or Uconn

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  12. loyallonghorn

loyallonghorn 500+ Posts

My fear is with all the MDAA players leaving the program, and now Ashlee Hannan returning to Australia, whether real or perception, elite recruits won't be interested in coming to the 40 acres.

And now this story from Sedona is published. Therefore, Coach Aston needs to come out and address this. I agree with DFW_Horn that she probably won't be able to provide specifics, but she needs to address this nonetheless.

• Agree Agree x 5
  13. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

Address it how, if she can’t give specifics? I’m sure if a recruit wants to know they’ll ask Coach Aston about it and she’ll let them know.

14. Bobcat

Bobcat 500+ Posts

@Mooooooderator......So please define "attack". We all have a right to our opinions, but when you try to vilify someone and you know NOTHING about the situation, I have EVERY RIGHT to respond (which is MY opinion) and tell you or anyone else how CLASSLESS it is....and so I did. And if you don't like it, I don't think I even need to tell you how little I care!!!

In fact, it's you and one other on here who are always doing the attacking, so please save me the "Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm Routine"..... What little credibility you had went down the toilet with your outrageous statement about being asked to be a moderator and that perhaps it was time you took them up on it ROFLMAO... and it was sweet poetic justice when you got humiliated!!!! NOW, just look at YOU.....

• poop poop x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

She's no longer a part of our program. My concerns are the health of our team. Best wishes to Sedona and here's hoping all of ours get back to 100% soon.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Jacob Johnson

Jacob Johnson 2,500+ Posts

No
    we may not know the full story but for her to come out and bash texas like that was very uncalled for. She is a damn adult and she was upset because she was at the doctors office alone. Thats very childish to me. You shouldn't need someone to hold your hand at the doctors office. She knows Texas can't respond or go into details about everything so she should have kept it to herself and when asked simply said " I have mover on and I wish them the best" its as simple as that but for her to go and bash Texas like that is very immature. She has alot of growing up to do. Yall might hate me for saying this but oh well. She needs to sit out this year

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 2
    • poop poop x 1
  18. Bobcat

Bobcat 500+ Posts

What you fail to realize is that this isn't the first time this young lady has been vilified on this message board. Just like the other person I addressed, you too do not know all the facts and circumstances. Sedona has moved on and expressed her feelings (which she is entitled to)....

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • poop poop x 1
  19. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

"Vilified" . . .

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • poop poop x 1
  20. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

She was injured in Mexico participating in a non-Texas event. I believe I read that Texas paid to fly her home immediately after her injury; might not be accurate.

Texas paid for all her medical bills, I believe. She never played one play for Texas, scrimmage or otherwise.

She shows her thanks and appreciation in that interview . . .

• Agree Agree x 4
    • poop poop x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  21. Bobcat

Bobcat 500+ Posts

[​IMG]

22. BALL IS LIFE

BALL IS LIFE 500+ Posts

As a LONGHORN fan I am more worried about a game we have against a very good South Florida team than I am a player who is on another team 3000 miles away who never played here. I encourage the rest of y’all to do the same. These type of postings get you nowhere. Trust me.

• Like Like x 6
  23. Jacob Johnson

but its okay for her to "vilify" Texas? At the end of the day we are fans of Texas at least most of us are. Im going to stand with Texas through anything. If she moved on like she said she has then why is she even speaking on the subject. Texas is not worried about her anymore so why is she just not saying something? Even if she did decide now was the time all the negative things she said was uncalled for. She said she felt "unsafe" and Texas neglected her and used duck tape and cardboard to wrap her leg. That really could hurt Texas in the future because recruits may feel like Texas staff does not care about there athletes. I know she tried to be dramatic as possible to get cleared by the ncaa but to drag a program through the mud to get cleared is as low as you could possibly go. So I have no sympathy for her and that's that

• Agree Agree x 3
  24. Bobcat

Bobcat 500+ Posts

In case you haven't noticed, we have other things that are affecting recruiting way more than this episode. We need to take care of business on the court and nothing else would matter. I highly doubt Sedona cares
    what you think..and THAT IS THAT....

• poop poop x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  25. Jacob Johnson

I could not care less what she thinks. Yes Texas has more problems but what she said was out of line and uncalled for. Nobody in the state of Texas gave a damn where she went or what she was doing ever since she left texas so why bring up extra drama for no reason 3 months later. Its stupid and unnecessary. Honestly you can go right along with her and support her since you agree with her so much. I promise you Texas fans as well as I definitely wouldnt give a damn so thats that. You can take your support right on to eugene

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  26. Seattle4UT

Seattle4UT 1,000+ Posts

NCAA: please don’t grant the waiver!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  27. Bobcat

Bobcat 500+ Posts

And let me help with you something else....not only do I highly doubt if she cares, but I could give a damn what you think either. I've been a fan since the late 1980s and a season ticketholder since approx 1996. Just because I see one situation a bit differently than you do in no way means I don't love and support this program. Contrary to what your own tiny little inflated ego thinks, you don't speak for all Texas fans as I know many other fans who, like me, don't always see things through burnt orange tinted glasses!!! That's right...it's called being objective. And here's one last thing for you to think about....YOU don't get to tell me what to do with my loyalty to this program, where to take it, or who to support.... You don't have that kind of power.....And that is that...

• poop poop x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2019
  28. airtightskipole

airtightskipole 25+ Posts

Yup. Spoiled as ever. I give no craps what or how she does. She burned us and now is burning us again. I’ll be rooting against Oregon. If I’m evil for that then so be it. Texas is my priority.

• Like Like x 2
  29. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

So, Rick Cantu of the Statesman piggy-backed his story yesterday after that Oregonian podcast/interview was released.

The last sentence caught my attention based on the comment from Sedona's Mom:

Tambra Prince said the interview on the podcast happened “long ago.”

So, why was it released just now?

In most likelihood (like that of Littleton and Ortiz), Sedona's first waiver petition was denied, and she is now in the appeal process. So, perhaps that's why someone (the Princes, or Oregon's coaching staff) decided to have this this released now. Perhaps they are desperately playing their last card.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • poop poop x 1
  30. airtightskipole

airtightskipole 25+ Posts

Selfish

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • poop poop x 1