Seeding

Discussion in 'Men’s Basketball' started by Joe Fan, Mar 10, 2016.

1. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

2. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Sounds about right. Can play our way into a 5 with 2 wins in the tourney, maybe a 4 if we win it all.

3. dadrivr

dadrivr 25+ Posts

6 is good. Would rather be a 6 seed and play a 3 and then a 2 than be a 5 seed and play a 4 and then a 1. Ultimately, though, you have to win games against good teams no matter what your seed is.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

What dadrivr said. The seedings for 2s/3s is typically not as "well thought out" compared to the 1s, so you might face an overrated team in the Sweet 16 as a 6 or 7. 5's don't fare as well against 1's.

5. harry_horns

harry_horns 250+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  6. txlandagent

txlandagent 500+ Posts

Would much rather play any of those projected #3's in the second round over those #4's. That's a salty bunch. Even if we bow out of Big 12 today, I don't see how we drop below a #6. Which keeps us in the potential #3 match-up second round.

If we beat Baylor today, we should eek into the #5 seed. Then I like our chances against the #1 (KU, OU or UNC?) in the Sweet 16 more so than I would vs. any of the #2's in the 3rd round. Guess it's a push.

7. majorwhiteapples

majorwhiteapples 5,000+ Posts

I see OU as a prime upset team in my bracket.

8. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

9. harry_horns

harry_horns 250+ Posts

If Texas gets blown out today, could be looking at fall to a 7 seed

10. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

True this^^^

11. txlandagent

txlandagent 500+ Posts

We're effectively the top ranked #6, marginally in the hunt for a #5 seed. I don't see how one insignificant conf. tournament loss drops us to a #7. But, we'll see. My thoughts are, our #6 has already been earned, at the very least, and a loss today just solidifies that for the tourney selection committee. No need to re-arrange the #5's for us since we didn't earn it.... of course, that's IF we lose today.

*update* we lost. Baylor's Pyrrhic victory today against the embattled Horns probably inched them into a #5 seed.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2016
  12. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Lunardi

[​IMG]

13. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

USA Today
    (this one would not suck)

[​IMG]