Selection Sunday (7PM Central) & Bracketology

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by Moooooo, Mar 12, 2023.

1. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

ESPN tonight. There will be a breakdown of the bracket on ESPN2 at 8 PM Central.

NCAA Women's Bracketology - 2023 women's college basketball projections (espn.com)

We are most likely going to be a #4 seed which means we'll host a projected #5 seed such as Louisville, Tennessee, Colorado, or Iowa State. ISU being in the same conference prevents them from being sent to our sub-regional. Not sure why Creme has Colorado in UCLA's sub-regional as that is not allowed. So, if Creme is right with his 4 and 5 seeds, that means either Tennessee or Louisville has to be sent to UCLA; and, that leaves us with Colorado or 5 seed not sent to UCLA.

2. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

1. It's pure BS if Duke gets a #3 over us. They got destroyed in their tournament semis.
    2. How does Kansas get in while WVU doesn't? They not only split their series, but WVU also finished higher in the final league standings.

3. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Duke has a win over #4 Viginia Tech which is better than any win we have this season. Duke is 10-6 in Q1, while we are 8-6. Duke is 8-0 in Q2, while we are 9-2.

Because Kansas' NET ranking is #37 while West Virginia's is #60. Kansas also has great win at Arizona.

NET Ranking - Women's College Basketball | WarrenNolan.com

4. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Duke tied for the ACC title but got the #2 seed. They got destroyed in the semis of their tournament. Period.

5. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

1 game does not make what I stated untrue.

Our best wins are against NET #14 ISU and #31 USC. Duke's best wins are against NET #4 Virginia Tech and #8 Notre Dame.

6. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Okay, so a #4 seed it is. Just hoping this won't drop us to the final #4 seed and into South Carolina's region; I don't think it will. I didn't think the committee would make any changes (for us or ISU) based on the result of today's game.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Creme updated his bracket a few minutes ago; nothing changed regarding us and ISU.

This would be a very tough draw for us; if the seeds held true, we'd have to beat Louisville, Iowa, and UConn.

Creme got sloppy as he has the PAC 12' Colorado in UCLA's sub-regional, and that's now allowed. And, he was UCLA and Utah in the same regional, and that's not allowed. I don't know a lot about Colorado, but perhaps them coming to Austin would be better than Louisville.

NCAA Women's Bracketology - 2023 women's college basketball projections (espn.com)

8. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

The tournament is all about matchups. IMO playing either Louisville or Tennessee would not be good matchups for us.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Agreed... and especially Tennessee whom I am betting we'll be set up to play in Round 2. We MIGHT have a chance at redeeming that early season loss to Louisville while Rori was out, but it would sure be a tough out.

10. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Woohoo! We are officially not the #4 seed in #1 South Carolina's regional. UCLA gets that seed. #5 seed there is Oklahoma.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Notre Dame is a #3 seed. So, we most likely are a #4 seed as that was the only team I saw us possibly leapfrogging

12. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

West Virginia is in as #10 seed going to #7 seed Arizona

• Like Like x 1
  13. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

In the other Greenville, SC the #1 seed is Indiana. Oklahoma State is the #8 seed there.

#4 seed there is Villanova. #5 seed is Washington State (where many had Tennessee going to Nova's sub-regional).

#3 LSU is there. #2 seed is Utah.

So, we will be in one of the Seattle regionals. Probably getting Louisville or Tennessee in our sub-regional.

14. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

Not good.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Indiana better watch out for Oklahoma State in the second round.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Tennessee a #4... whew!!!! And the Twister Sisters get Knoxville. GOOD!

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

In one Seattle regional, the #1 seed is Virginia Tech.

The #4 seed is Tennessee; #5 seed going to Knoxville will be Iowa State.

#3 seed is Ohio State. #2 seed is UConn. #7 Baylor gets sent to Storrs, CT.

So, we are in the region with Iowa and Stanford.

18. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

Yep. And they also did LSU a favor. Not a lot of athletic teams that they have to matchup against.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

I think you'll see the same game plan against them that he uses against us.

• Like Like x 1
  20. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

I predict Alabama will beat Baylor in 1st round.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Commercial break.

In other Seattle region, guessing Iowa #1 and Stanford #2. Duke #3. Texas #4. Colorado #5/6 Louisville #6/5; we get one of those teams.

Actually, Louisville can't go to Duke. So, UofL has to be coming to Austin.

22. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Yep. Tennessee has all the things we don't to counter... size, shooters, athleticism, depth... but their attention to detail is always questionable. They don't defend as well as they should with the personnel they have, and they turn the ball over a lot.

23. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Texas the #4 seed with Louisville the #5 seed. We will play East Carolina on Saturday; Louisville versus Drake.

Stanford the #1 seed.

Duke the #3 seed with Colorado the #6 seed.

Iowa the #2 seed.

24. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

I haven't watched Tennessee a whole lot this year. I didn't know that they had good shooters. So maybe he'll try to play man against them.

25. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Louisville in the second round.

26. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Kansas left out?

• Agree Agree x 1
  27. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

I know we lost to Louisville in the Bahamas. Someone remind me with a summary. Psychologically speaking, I like that they beat us already and we potentially get a rematch in Austin.

• Agree Agree x 1
  28. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

Well..... that's unfortunate. I just don't think that we match up well with Louisville.

• Like Like x 1
  29. Born in ATX

Born in ATX 500+ Posts

Chance at redemption - and on our home court.

• Agree Agree x 2
  30. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

Am I wrong, or were we missing Rori in that game?

• Agree Agree x 2