Selection Sunday (7PM Central) & Bracketology

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by Moooooo, Mar 12, 2023.

1. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

With OU and ISU both #5 seeds, that really limited who could get sent to Austin (Louisville or Washington State).

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Born in ATX

Born in ATX 500+ Posts

Yes

3. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

I like our chances against Louisville in Moody and with Rori

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

5. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

If he plays man Tennessee will destroy them... I think your first prediction is right. Tennessee has the personnel to bust the ISU zone, but will Kelly Harper utilize them properly?

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

7. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

But, with Sonya Morris

8. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

I think Rori's absence was far more significant, as they scored 22 points off our turnovers and Sonya scored seven points in that game. Of course our best chance at redemption is to have both Rori and Sonya available. Fingers crossed but not counting on it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

And Jones.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. UTSUgrad

UTSUgrad 250+ Posts

Let’s not get ahead of ourselves … We have to beat East Carolina before we get to Louisville … and Jennie Baranzyk was the coach at Drake (Louisville opponent) before OU, so Louisville might be surprised. If we play like we did against KSU in the first half, well … just saying’ …:yippee:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

So, although the rankings are different for Texas (#4) than last year (#2), if all goes well it will come down to Texas vs Stanford to get to the Final Four. I like that. We get into Tara's head. Although Tara gets the ref's calls.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

How do they decide game times? Does the NCAA collaborate with ESPN?

14. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Our men's team could be playing in the second round that day in Des Moines, IA. I think ESPN is pretty good about looking at that to avoid conflicts. But, the men's Saturday game time wouldn't be known until Thursday night or Friday morning.

I get the feeling our women's first round game will be early on Saturday like 12 PM.

• Like Like x 2
  15. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

That’s what my gut tells me too as much as I’d like a later game time. Hopefully there won’t be a conflict if the Men move forward to Saturday.

16. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 4
  17. JoeDallas

JoeDallas 1,000+ Posts

Why do you think that (that we don't match up well with Louisville)?

18. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

The Men tipoff at 6:25pm Thursday but I don’t know what that says about Saturday. I’m selfishly more concerned about what nights I need a hotel. Not thrilled driving from Dallas to make an 11am or Noon tipoff Saturday

• Like Like x 1
  19. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

IMO guard play is their strength. While overall guard/perimeter play is a weakness for this team, as you saw today. Jeff Walz is also a coach that will force you to beat him with your weakness. So we will likely see the same gameplan from him as we saw from ISU.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2023
  20. JoeDallas

JoeDallas 1,000+ Posts

Do you mean a sagging zone defense? That is the best defense to run against us, no doubt. So they probably will use it. (It seems like any team would do that if they have studied our films at all.).

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

I'd say we also need good production from Amina just so Gaston is allowed an occasional breather.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  22. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

Tip-off is 30 minutes after conclusion of the 6:30pm game yay!

23. TempestHorn

TempestHorn 500+ Posts

Assuming we take care of business, I would think Monday's game would be in the evening. In other words, no need to take off work. Schedule | Watch ESPN

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

That would bode well for attendance if the Monday game is sometime after 6:00pm which should be the case. Certainly Saturday will be a plus with the late start.

25. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Not positive, but think that is Eastern time. So, our game Saturday night would be 8 PM Central.

26. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

I got a text from Texas Athletics that said game time is 30 minutes after the conclusion of the first game which starts at 6:30pm. I’m hoping they got it right.

ESPN does show 9:00pm and it usually shows local time. Plus it makes sense, the only other host site on Saturday west of Texas is UCLA

Last edited: Mar 13, 2023
  27. Rexy

Rexy 1,000+ Posts

I think a 9:00PM game central time is ludicrous. That makes Eastern Carolina playing at 10:00PM body time. Worse.

28. TempestHorn

TempestHorn 500+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  29. Born in ATX

Born in ATX 500+ Posts

Taylor did well against the goldilocks girl too back when she played against her in the Pac12. Would love to get that far and see what happens. We owe them after Tara's hissy-fits last year too.

• Like Like x 1
  30. Jacob Johnson

Jacob Johnson 2,500+ Posts

We would see Stanford in the sweet 16 so that game will be to get to the elite 8. If all goes well it will be a matchup against South Carolina in the elite 8 to get to the final 4.