Sensitivity Training

Discussion in 'In The Stands' started by CedarParkFan, Aug 2, 2013.

1. CedarParkFan

CedarParkFan 1,000+ Posts

Really? Is this just a little blown out of proportion or what? Just let the guy apologize and move on. We are becoming a nation of sissies and whiners. Making a story out of something so MINOR is totally ridiculous.

2. El Sapo

El Sapo Bevo's BFF

Huh? Who? What? When? Where?
    Stuff like that.
    And yes...this is pretty much a nation of whining, offended
    by everything, babies.

3. Texas Taps

Texas Taps 5,000+ Posts

4. Third Coast

Third Coast 10,000+ Posts

I agree. if you can't use a racial slur at a Kenny Chesney concert, when can you use it?

5. El Sapo

El Sapo Bevo's BFF

I hear that word probably 5 times a day just driving around in Atlanta. All you gotta do is roll down the window and listen to the tunes. Heck, most times you don't even need to roll down the window.

6. CedarParkFan

Not excusing him. I'm just pointing out that it's been a little overblown. He apologized, so move on. Sensitivity training is ridiculous.

7. longhorn_melissa

longhorn_melissa 250+ Posts

It's bad enough to use that word, but some sense really needs to be knocked into you if the majority of your coworkers--and probably some that you call friends-- are African-American and you think it's ok to say that. Not only to say it, but to use it with so much anger, and to degrade someone.

I have a feeling training camp will be a little more hands on this year for him.

8. Texas Taps

Texas Taps 5,000+ Posts

9. cmtsip

cmtsip 500+ Posts

Really, Cedar......you're the good old boy that needs the sensitivity training!!!!

[​IMG]

10. CedarParkFan

Sure I am. It was the TOP story on ESPN for a full day and a half.

[​IMG]

11. Texas Taps

Texas Taps 5,000+ Posts

^^^ ohhhhh, a link would have been nice

12. cmtsip

cmtsip 500+ Posts

ESPN has nothing to do with your problems, Cedar! You and Sapo are full of crapo.....

[​IMG]

13. Texas Taps

Texas Taps 5,000+ Posts

That's insensitive

14. cmtsip

cmtsip 500+ Posts

You are correct, sir! I shall indeed sign up for the training and will save seats! I feel better already!

[​IMG]

15. majorwhiteapples

majorwhiteapples 5,000+ Posts

Sticks and Stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me.

Who cares who calls who what?

If a weak minded person has to resort to language like that to win their point or score cheap points it says more about the person using the language than anything else.

Take the high road and be above it, move on complaining or making it an issue is just as bad as the language.

Toughen up.