Separation

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests' started by S.A.Diva, Oct 30, 2006.

1. S.A.Diva

S.A.Diva 250+ Posts

My Husband and I have been married for 11 years...this last year has been unbearable and he moved out in late August. Things have not been well between us and I think it was best for him to leave. I don't want to go into all the details but we love each other and our marriage was good a long time...disappointment and failures played their part but not as much as the lack of communication. Me- I vocalized everything---and I do mean everything...including mean stuff; Him-he vocalized little to none and kept it all inside...so now we are where we are and I have no idea how this story will end.

I ask for your prayers in helping us through this hard time and let whatever will be, be. I know some of you think that marriage should NOT be hard work...but in my experience---anything worth having is hard work.

God help us.

SA Diva

2. longhornbell

longhornbell 100+ Posts

Prayers for peace in whatever path life takes you.

3. Olhorn

Olhorn 100+ Posts

Prayers Diva. If it is meant to be it will be. Good luck that it turns out the way you want to. I agree, marriage is hard. Been at it 29 years and still hard at times, like now.

4. Bevoette

Bevoette 1,000+ Posts

Prayers , I hope which ever path is best for both will appear to you.
    21 yrs here and it's not always been perfect that'sf or damn sure. I scream and yell and stomp around when I am VERY ticked off to be vocal he can just say mean mean below the belt stuff but we have a lot in common besides our kids so we keep trying.
    Best to you both.

5. Hpslugga

Hpslugga 2,500+ Posts

prayers

6. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

Prayers and best wishes for you, Diva. Been married to Mrs. HHD for 37 years so far, and nurturing a relationship is a never-ending process. I pray for God to move in your life through these tough times.

HornHuskerDad [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. lowery21

lowery21 250+ Posts

Praying for you two. 11 years is enough time to know that you love each other. Your other post about pregnancy shows that as well. I dated my wife for 8 years before we got married. We've been married for 5....if she can put up with me, anything is possible for anyone.

8. atxbaby

atxbaby 250+ Posts

Prayers, you will get through this and be all the stronger for having endured it. May God give you the guidance you need in the weeks and months ahead.

9. gobears92

gobears92 Guest

prayers and may God give you strength to be work it out and be together...

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

11. PusheMBAckHorns

PusheMBAckHorns < 25 Posts

Prayers for you and your husband. I hope you can work things out for the best.

I agree - things worth having DO take work - even marriage.

12. S.A.Diva

S.A.Diva 250+ Posts

Thanks for your prayers....he has been gone for 8 months now...never says he loves me anymore. Yet he pays all the bills still, comes over and mows the lawn...paying down debt....

I really have no idea what is going on with him. He lives at a secret location which I call "The Batcave" and he is obssessed with being young, looking young and dying. I have no idea who he is anymore. he doesn't even look the same...there is a blankness is his eyes that is completely indescribable. I have no idea where he gets money to pay for that...a secret account, I imagine, since his entire life is a secret...

His family treats me as if I am a lepyr...

I pray to find my way...I do not know if he will find his...but I know that I must remain strong if only for myself. I have no idea how this will turn out but I do know that time waits for no one and I know that I am a loving, smart, attractive, funny, educated woman who has a lot to give someone...it seems as if the person I gave all of that to 11.5 years ago no longer wants that or no longer wants me...and I am okay with that.

I know that eventually I will have to move on and that I will be going to UT games with someone else who shares that same passion. I hope that he can find his happiness and passion once again. I feel so much pity for him. He is becoming his father and he thinks that it is "noble" to become that....all I see for his future is dying of alcoholism in a hospital room alone.

This is a hard place to be and I hope you never have to be here...

13. bigup2dahorns

bigup2dahorns 250+ Posts

i am originally from SA. never been married so i can't relate to your situation but i am pulling for you to find your way, as you say. there's a great world out there and everything happens for a reason, usually it works out. i have a friend here in Dallas that went through something similar recently, and she remarried, had a baby and is the happiest she has ever been.

14. gobears92

gobears92 Guest

Prayers for both of you... [​IMG]

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

17. VYFan

VYFan 2,500+ Posts

You can absolutely be healed. All the years the locusts have eaten can be restored. Build your new life one solid brick at a time, and in the future, you will have a strong house around you. Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

20. S.A.Diva

S.A.Diva 250+ Posts

Haven't been bak in a while...still separated...almost a year now....

thank you all for the prayers...I have grown as a person and my faith in God has strengthened....

I will follow the path that God sets out for me...

21. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

22. VYFan

VYFan 2,500+ Posts

Let us know how you are doing.

23. S.A.Diva

S.A.Diva 250+ Posts

Hey VY! Thanks for checking in on me.

Still separated. 11 months now. Neither of us has filed for divorce. He is nicer and we talk all the time. Not about our relationship though. Who knows where it is going?

I do know he got his season tickets...and for the second season, I will probably not be going to see a home game with him. [​IMG] Oh well. Take it as it comes.

He is still very responsible for the bills and the mortgage and all that...I am at the house with the dogs...he mows the lawn every week. I think he has had some sorta life crisis or something...mid-life or whatever.

It's been a difficult year but now that a year is coming up, I think it will be better for me. Can't say anything about him...I have no idea how he feels. At some point (which I think is coming soon) we will have to talk about where we're going and what we both want for the future. So far it has been very amicable.

Thanks for your prayers...

I'll come back and update so you know how I'm doing.

Hook 'em! [​IMG]

24. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

25. TJKDone

TJKDone < 25 Posts

This may be not be the preferred direction, but I'm praying right now that a miracle happens and that reconciliation occurs.

Hook'em

[​IMG]

26. MikeUT00

MikeUT00 Guest

Hope everything works out the way you want it to. [​IMG] prayers extended. [​IMG]

27. bigup2dahorns

bigup2dahorns 250+ Posts

keep us posted diva. hoping things work out for the best for you.

28. S.A.Diva

S.A.Diva 250+ Posts

Thank you all....I hope things work out the way I want them too as well.

Hard when someone who you felt you were "connected" with just goes off the deep end and starts acting completely different....a complete 180. Grows their hair long, moves somewhere and doesn't tell you where...has an affair with some skank ho who KNOWS he's married but doesn't care. Nice.

I have taken my vows seriously but right now I feel as if I am the only one. He is still out there---lost in space. I know that the man he is today is NOT the person I fell in love with...the man who he is now, well, he is a self-absorbed *******. If he were like that when I met him, I would not have given him the time of day. I only do it now because I knew him as a different person.

I have put this in God's hands...I know that I cannot really help my husband. He is having a crisis of some sort and he will have to figure it out on his own. He is responsible for his own choices and I am through making excuses for why he did this or said that. If he remains this narcissistic person, then I cannot live with that. I cannot be in a marriage where he runs off with a flavor of the month whenever he feels like it.

So I have given it to God. I know He will show me what I need to do for myself in good time. I am really at peace knowing that and believing in that.

Prayers to you all....

29. Oso Fu

Oso Fu < 25 Posts

I read thorugh your posts over the last 11 months or so. Sounds like your husband is lost. I don't have the patience that you do. I would have laid down an ultimatium earlier, but that may be my shortcoming. The good Lord has plans for you and I sense that you will move on soon to embrace the wonderfulness of the worlld. Blessings to you.

30. gobears92

gobears92 Guest

prayers for you SA...now go have some fun for yourself..and I dont mean messing around....just start treating yourself to some cool stuff in life....you have earned it... [​IMG]