Serious Flooding on Caddo Lake.........

Discussion in 'Cactus Cafe' started by LousianaHorn, Mar 13, 2016.

1. LousianaHorn

LousianaHorn Kabong

dont know how many of yall are familiar with Caddo Lake but it is flooding big time..........highest in 50 years. This is a shot of Johnsons Ranch Marina yesterday.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. biganakhanhda

biganakhanhda 500+ Posts

Caddo Lake is an annual trip for me, obviously not this year, lots of uncertainty in Uncertain, Texas this year.

• Like Like x 1
  3. NBHorn7

NBHorn7 Pimp Daddy

All the lakes are flooded out in this area, including northeast Texas. More rain today and tomorrow, just hasn't been much let up for any extended period of time.

4. LousianaHorn

LousianaHorn Kabong

Is Wright Patman flooding NBHorn, if it isn't its about the only body of water in NE Texas or NW La that isnt..........all the water that hit Toledo Bend and was released is whats flooding Orange, Sabine Pass. Red River went up 7 feet overnite last Tues/Wed. here in Shreveport.

5. NBHorn7

NBHorn7 Pimp Daddy

Patman is flooded, almost went over the spillway, almost over the bridge, on the way to Atlanta. Never seen it so high, last time I went out on Patman, we went way up river because the only landing left, you had to. That landing is well under water now. Other landings are flooded over the parking lots, and back to nearly the highway.

Know that lake very well, but on the way back to the landing, we got out of the river channel, was lost a good while, almost had to spend the night out there. It was cold, middle of winter, but everything looks the same now, no river channel, just open water. We finally found our way back, as darkness fell.

Record high at the Lake Of The Pines.

Arkansas has had more problems than the Texas side.

Red River is over flood stage again. We didn't get as much rain as Louisiana, or we would have been in real bad shape.

6. NBHorn7

NBHorn7 Pimp Daddy

7. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

My folks live on the road between Karnack and Uncertain. It's the high ground though