Sessions Ends DOJ Shakedowns of Corporations

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Clean, Jun 7, 2017.

1. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

Sometimes it seems like the Trump Administration isn't accomplishing much, but the reality is that he has ended a lot of Obama era abuses of power.

The Obama-Holder corporate shakedown scam was one of the worst ones. The Holder DOJ would sue a corporation for an alleged grievance. Then they would offer to settle and direct the corporation to make the settlement payments to non-victim groups. La RASA, the National Community Reinvestment Coalition, and the National Urban League all received millions in this way. The DOJ would sue Party A on behalf of party B but give the money to Party C. It was a way to fund Obama/Holder's favorite radical Left-wing organizations.

Meanwhile the media sat back and let it happen and never said a word. Imagine the moral outrage if Trump continued this practice and directed these funds to alt right groups.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...era-slush-fund-payouts-to-outside-groups.html
    http://conservativefiringline.com/not-surprised-obama-doj-slush-fund-scandal/

• Like Like x 4
  2. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

Obama and Holder were actually committing racketeering. But of course SH will defend to the end.

3. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Yeah, Trump is righting a lot of wrongs, excesses and even abuses from the last administration which is not getting much airplay. If Trump passes healthcare, tax reform, funding for the wall, he can retire in 2018.

4. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Until Sessions changes his stance on Civil Asset Forfeiture, these two facets will basically cancel each other out.

5. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

So you believe that two wrongs make a right?

6. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

If the forfeited assets were given to the RNC or another conservative group, this would be a legitimate argument. As it stands now, there is no comparison.

7. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

The federal government should not be allowed to settle a lawsuit by the defendant paying money to someone who is not a party to or at least the subject of the litigation.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott 2,500+ Posts

Congrats, you just completely agreed with Jeff Sessions.

9. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

And your point would be?

10. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

I think Phil's point is that you completely agree with Sessions. :smile1:

11. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

What's noteworthy about that?

12. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

No, I was saying that 1 wrong and 1 right is like 1 - 1 = 0.