Shaka at the top of the list for Georgetown?

Discussion in 'Men’s Basketball' started by ronich, Mar 27, 2017.

1. ronich

ronich 100+ Posts

2. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Does Georgetown need a law school professor to complete the package?

• Like Like x 2
  3. Htown77

Htown77 5,000+ Posts

^ can I like @SabreHorn's post more than once?

• Like Like x 1
  4. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

"Smart would be a headline hire, and would reignite the fan base with his energy and style of play."

Why is our fan base not reignited?

5. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Both of their fans? Their gym is less impressive than 80% of the HS gyms in central Texas. They play in a rented NBA facility, which bleeds cash - think Third Ward football in the 70s, 80s, & 90s or convict football the last thirty years.

6. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

They should hire Patrick Ewing.

7. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

I believe they require a degree, and Ewing was only at Georgetown for 3 or 4 years, meaning he probably has 9-15 total credit, unless they "gave" him a degree.

8. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

I am not sure Smart would be one who would move because he cannot recruit and compete in a real conference. However if he is, so be it. Have Georgetown pay the contract walk away price; and good bye.

• Like Like x 1
  9. ronich

ronich 100+ Posts

10. Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott 2,500+ Posts

Please take him! SS is going to be a bust just like CS.

11. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

In the poll at the end of the second link, 78% voted "yes" to wanting Smart as the new Georgetown HC. I felt compelled to help that 3-1 to get to 4-1. :hookem2:

12. car54

car54 1,000+ Posts

His agent is probably fueling that mess so Texas people in charge( dumb as they are ) will extend his contract and give him another raise for his crap season.

13. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

At least acknowledge that we are making progress. Under the "Pathetic Ps", Smart would have had his agent contact little Chuckie NeinASS or KornFairy (if not both) to negotiate on behalf of The University.

:deadhorse:

14. ronich

ronich 100+ Posts

I may be in the minority here, but I am 100% behind Shaka and want him to stay.

• Like Like x 1
  15. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

Although I wouldn't blame him for going, I don't think he will. Georgetown is a pure BB school, located on the basketball crazed, recruit rich East coast. Shaka would get his share, and likely have success. He would get a decent shot there before the Hoya faithful would be calling for his head. I think Shaka's pride will keep him here because he wants to succeed.

I'm not at all sold that Shaka will have big success here. The B12 is a fine BB conference with stiff competition. There are good coaches that will give Shaka all he can handle. wvu, ku, bu, ksu, ou, isu all have good coaches. Dixon at tcu now adds to that list. And the guy at TTU is not bad. It will be interesting how the new osu coach does. I don't think SS will outcoach other coaches in the B12. He might out recruit them. We better hope so.

16. ronich

ronich 100+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  17. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Ronich,

Please! It's Friday, save the bad news for Monday, and let me enjoy my weekend.

:bevo:

18. ronich

ronich 100+ Posts

SH give him one more year, I bet we are 26-11 next year with a decent tourney run...

• Like Like x 1
  19. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

I'll accept your bet for a #3 at El Patio with beef enchilada and an pint of salsa and big chips to take home.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

Mmmmmmmm El Patio, I love me some El Patio.

21. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

They hired Patrick Ewing.

• Like Like x 1
  22. txlandagent

txlandagent 500+ Posts

Thread win. Lock it.