Shaka Smart says schools negatively recruited against Texas

Discussion in 'Men’s Basketball' started by dadrivr, Jun 17, 2016.

1. dadrivr

dadrivr 25+ Posts

2. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

From the article:

(If Allen were to leave Texas for another school he would have to it out a year per transfer rules.)

That is interesting because I thought that he retained his ability to transfer without penalty due to signing a scholarship (he has enrolled for summer school) versus an NLI. That makes it sound like he's a lock to stay now. Not sure if anyone else thought he could transfer before the Fall starts without sitting out a year but I did.

3. txlandagent

txlandagent 500+ Posts

If he transfers before Aug 24 he doesn't have to sit out. If he enrolled for fall classes, he would be bound. The ambiguity of that statement is sensational. Just typical journalism - incomplete and misinformation really has been the common theme in this story line.

Playing with Team USAU-18 is giving Allen the opportunity to work with Coach Smart and get a feel for him on a lot of levels. I've openly criticized Allen for exhibiting what seemed like a lack of commitment and loyalty to a well suited team that was all in for him. But I have to give him credit where it's due: his masterful maneuvering of this process has been nothing short of genius.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2016
  4. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

Ok. Thanks. If you're correct then the reporting is pretty sloppy but I think that is very common these days.

• Like Like x 1