Shaka's recruiting classes

Discussion in 'Men’s Basketball' started by dadrivr, May 19, 2017.

1. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

Come on down Brad and Jaden!! :hookem::hookem2::bounce1::bounce2:

2. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  3. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

Will Baker: Come to Texas, please. that is all. :hookem::hookem:

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 5
  5. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

This is new video on the other new commit F Kai Jones, who is now the #53. Should be a nice fit as an athletic wing in the frontcourt with bigs Sims, Hayes, Heps and Baker

• Like Like x 3
  6. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

Will Baker in the house!!!!! Welcome Will!!!:bounce1::bounce2::yippee::bow:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

That's an impressive clip on Jones on both ends of the court. :hookem2:

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

So this class is now one 5-star (Baker) and two 4-stars (Donovan Williams and Kai Jones). All three are top 100. And this puts up in the top 10 recruiting class in the country for each of the last three seasons.

Baker has good size, a sturdy build and a strong base for a center prospect. He carves out good position in the paint, is a good area rebounder and has immense potential on the offensive end. Has good hands and nice touch around the goal. He is a confident shooter from mid- and long-range, and has value in this area. Has an impressive feel for the game and is a very good passer. He’s also a capable rim runner that plays and competes on both ends of the floor. Consistency can be an area for improvement, as well as continuing to develop his post counters. Baker is tracking as a multi-year college player.

Five-star center Will Baker commits to Texas

• Like Like x 3
  9. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

When will all these great players result in great basketball?

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

This^^^

11. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

Meanwhile the other UT is currently ranked 6th in the latest NCAA Poll. The grass is always greener.

12. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Yeah, but how many people will argue that it wasn't time for Barnes to move on? He never did anything wrong, but the program had gotten stale.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Vol Horn 4 Life

Generally the longer you are in a role the harder it is to sustain success...yes there are exceptions. It was time for him to go, but it pisses me off he took my crappy Vols to the top 5 in 3 years, but couldnt do that here. Meanwhile we end up with a clone situation as before where we get top talent but mediocre results.

14. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Let's see how the NCAA tourney plays out for the Vols before we start complaining about Barnes' relative performance at the two UTs.

15. Vol Horn 4 Life

I will say again it was time for RB to go.

Now, how have the two teams changed since the new coaches arrived at each school? Tennessee was in awful shape while Texas was an average/mediocre team. Tenn is now a top 10 team while we are still an average/mediocre team.

Since it's still early on it's about improving the program and I see one improving and one not. Maybe this year improves as it goes along but I have not been impressed with anything so far.

I dunno, I think would be happier with a top 10 team that loses in the sweet 16 every year than a .550 team that has to pray for things to happen to get in and hope for a Cinderella run.

16. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

17. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

247 natl guy Jerry Meyer is showing 5-star/top 5 overall F Jaden McDaniels to Texas.

If so, this would probably be our biggest get since KD

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 4
  19. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

Jaden McDaniels, come on down!!:hookem2::hookem2::bounce1::bounce2::headbang:

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Winner Winner x 1
  21. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

22. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  23. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

When is Jaden McDaniel's supposed to sign? Has he made his choice public yet?

Last edited: Feb 21, 2019
  24. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

How will this affect jalen's little brother, Jaden, who is interested in the Horns?

25. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

Sorry, you're right. I didn't notice the different names.

• Like Like x 1
  26. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Shaka has in-home today with 5-star junior Greg Brown

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  27. Vol Horn 4 Life

I used to be excited about these things, but now that I know players arrive better than they leave it's no fun. I'm sure Greg is excited to know that the NIT champions are courting him.

28. Horn87

Horn87 1,000+ Posts

Sorry, but do you really think if Shaka had someone like Magic, Larry and Shaq we would make the round of 32, let alone the S16? pretty sad...

29. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

We could not get past the 2nd round with Kevin Durant, DJ Augustin, Dexter Pittman, AJ Abrams and Damion James. So no.

• Like Like x 2
  30. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

Man, that^^^ is a lot of talent.