Shawn Watson officially named

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by OrangeChipper, Jan 12, 2014.

1. OrangeChipper

OrangeChipper 1,000+ Posts

Texas QB coach.

WHEEEEW.

Thats me breathing a sigh of relief.

He helped develop Bridgewater. But in his 14 years as OC his average team offense at years end has been #49. Firmly mediocre.

So still no word on OC.

Gotta think it might be Applewhite since no smoke around any other names.

Right??

2. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

Please not Major.

We need somebody who (1) is qualified, and (2) can keep his dick in his pants.

3. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

My favorite LH QB of all time... but not my favorite OC.

4. Namewithheld

Namewithheld 2,500+ Posts

5. ElginHotSausage

ElginHotSausage 500+ Posts

Posted by: Chris Vannini on Sunday January 12, 2014The Link
    Texas: According to ESPN's Max Olson, former Louisville offensive coordinator Shawn Watson was introduced to the team as quarterbacks coach in a team meeting on Sunday night.

6. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

Bohls says he was not introduced as any particular position coach.

7. XOVER

XOVER 500+ Posts

Slow down. Bohls' claims Watson was introduced to the players, but in no specific coaching capacity, and that capacity is currently being discussed.

The good news is that Bohls goes on to say that Watson is discussing OC with 4 NFL teams.

8. Third Coast

Third Coast 10,000+ Posts

9. hornpharmd

hornpharmd 5,000+ Posts

QB coach. rumor is Mike Groh from Chicago being looked at for OC position.

10. huisache

huisache 2,500+ Posts

If I were running things, Major would not be considered simply because of the sexual misconduct, but I think he did a good job as offensive coordinator this year considering he had a Division II quarterback for most of the season. No problems with how Case managed the games but considering the limits on his arm I thought he and Major worked half a dozen miracles to win the games they did.

11. IvanDiabloHorn

IvanDiabloHorn 1,000+ Posts

Watson is discussing OC with 4 Pro teams? Really?

12. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

Watson is very good at developing QB's. As an OC he was rather pedestrian, IMHO.

13. mop

mop 2,500+ Posts

guys, i have never cheated on my wife, but Applewhite made a decision, dealt with it and moved on. You make it sound as if he is a serial philanderer rather than a guy who messed up one time.

14. tamster

tamster 500+ Posts

He just admitted to the one time.

I wish him the best. I don't know if he will be associated with Texas as a coach much longer.

15. #2is#1

#2is#1 1,000+ Posts

Mop, Thank you for the info on your marital fidelity.

I think one person mentioned Major's screw up, I think everyone else has put it behind.

I think I speak for most fans when I say I don't care if our next OC had the scruples of Hugh Hefner but had the mind of Bill Walsh. As long as we run a clean program, who care's. People make mistakes. Why keep living them? What is the point of discilpline and not firing if we never let it die?
    Major is a good man. His hiring, or not, should not and will not (IMO) matter on a mistake he made a few years ago.

16. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

17. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

18. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

I was referring to Major, not Case; not sure if that was clear.