Sheila Jackson Lee is a genius

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by CedarParkFan, Mar 13, 2014.

1. CedarParkFan

CedarParkFan 1,000+ Posts

Title should read "Jackson Lee" not Lee Jackson." Anyway, check out this gem. I think she is also the rep who wanted to pass a bill to make the names of hurricanes more "ethnic." How do people like this continue to get re-elected? Oh, never mind, I know.

-------------------------------------------------
    "The U.S. Constitution is old. But 400 years old? That's what Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee, D-Texas, seemed to claim during a floor speech on Wednesday. While speaking in opposition to a Republican-backed proposal, she launched into a brief history lesson. She said she wanted to thank her GOP colleagues "for giving us an opportunity to have a deliberative constitutional discussion that reinforces the sanctity of this nation and how well it is that we have lasted some 400 years operating under a Constitution that clearly defines what is constitutional and what is not." The math was off by nearly 200 years. The Constitution was adopted in 1787. Four-hundred years ago was more around the time of Jamestown, the first permanent British settlement on this side of the pond. Jackson Lee was speaking Wednesday in opposition to a bill that would speed up congressional lawsuits against the president for failing to enforce federal laws. The GOP-led House approved it on a 233-181 vote. Jackson Lee argued it was "not constitutional."

2. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Don't confuse "the weave" with facts. She is, after all, a graduate of Yale and UVA Law School. She must be right.

SJL is a nice lady, but unfortunately is the least respected member of Congress. In her defense, it is difficult for her to keep the facts straight when her staff turnover is the highest in DC over the last 20 years. At one time, the average tenure of her staff members was about six weeks.

There are many intelligent people in that district, but you can draw your own conclusions as to why none run against her or get elected.

3. Roger35

Roger35 2,500+ Posts

I'll take SJL any day over these shining lights of the right wing:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

Which explains the majority of your idiotic posts.

5. Unques prist

Unques prist 250+ Posts

"I'll take SJL any day over these shining lights of the right wing:"

I think that just confirms what we already know about R35. Wow, just wow.

6. mojo17

mojo17 1,000+ Posts

R35 I assume you believe we planted the American flag on Mars when we landed there. I am sure you also think Rep Johnson dem from Georgia is right when he says Guam will tip over if we put to many troops there. Lee and Johnson personify the dimocrats.

7. chango

chango 2,500+ Posts

She is an idiot, no doubt. She probably uses 'to' when she means 'too'

8. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

I had forgotten that SJL also went on the floor of the Congress to ask that Hurricane names include African American names. [​IMG]

or this gem on usew of chems in Syria
    "And what the President was doing, as he expressed from his heart, is to respond to the tragedy and the heeneousness of gassing children and using chemical weapons that went beyond the international convention of using chemical weapons.”

who knew there was an International policy on the correct use of chemical weapons?

9. CedarParkFan

CedarParkFan 1,000+ Posts

10. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Then r35, take her, please.

11. dillohorn

dillohorn Guest

Jackson Lee is what democrats are.

12. 77horn

77horn 500+ Posts

The interesting thing is that she made this statement from prepared notes on the floor of the House of Representatives.

13. Roger35

Roger35 2,500+ Posts

14. Bevo Incognito

Bevo Incognito 5,000+ Posts

Shouldn't congressmen from both sides of the aisle be, I dunno, among the best and the brightest? When people like Sheila Jackson Lee and Michelle Bachman are the result, wouldn't you agree that it's pretty symptomatic of a sick body politic?

15. NEWDOC2002

NEWDOC2002 1,000+ Posts

Some of y'all need to just call stupid is as stupid does and stop trying to implicate the other side. Apples and oranges. There is no direct comparison to the esteemed SJL.

16. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I'm on record as blasting Sarah Palin and Michele Bachmann as world class dumbasses. However, SJL is in a class by herself - just a mindless dolt spewing hatred and stupidity. I don't know who she blew to get into and through Yale and Virginia Law School, but no chance she did that with her own brains. I sure as hell can't imagine her trying to actually practice law. She'd get laughed out of any respectable courtroom.

17. texas_ex2000

texas_ex2000 2,500+ Posts

18. dillohorn

dillohorn Guest