Sheriff Hamilton

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by CedarParkFan, Apr 3, 2014.

1. CedarParkFan

CedarParkFan 1,000+ Posts

Thanks for enforcing the law. That's what you were elected to do. It seems like so much nonsense that you actually get grief over something so basic and simple. People are growing tired of the liberals and those here illegally attempting to guilt our elected officials with screams of racism and xenophobia. They look like fools.

2. CanaTigers

CanaTigers 2,500+ Posts

3. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

CPF
    A candidate running for state Rep in my district said months ago that his brother who is a Border Agent in Brownsville area told him the flow of Illegals is so much heavier than it has even been
    and the border agents hands are tied by Bo policies.
    This candidate actually has some ideas that Texas can do on its' own.
    It is pretty sad when we increase welfare we offer ( through not checking the faked credentials or just taking their word) to illegals
    and cut our support for men and women in uniform

4. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

5. CedarParkFan

Yeah Horn. BO is neglecting his basic duty as head of the executive branch. The first step is to stop the flow. It just amazes me how arrogant the illegals are. First, they enter illegally then, they ***** and moan when law enforcement enforces the laws. Funny how the supporters refer to them as immigrants as if to lump them in with those who immigrated through legal avenues. It's not a Dem or Reb argument either. The Dems want the votes and Repubs want the cheap labor. I'm all in favor of heavy fines for hiring illegals. That would result in significant self-deportation. It would also decrease the decide to enter illegally. Ad for those already here, they made the decision to do so and, therefore, have no legitimate gripe if ICE deports them, especially those that commit crimes. This really is common sense. You'd have to be a mental midget or a Kardashian to fail to understand that. A sovereign nation has every right to enforce its laws and seal and/or protect its borders. Yelling about racism and crap like that don't change the facts.

6. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

Doesn't illegal immigration actually have a strong net benefit to our economy? I grew up in Nebraska and remember the laborers coming through each summer to ascend on my uncles bean and corn fields to hoe the weeds for a few hundred dollars a field. Growing up in that rural town I also know that many of the migrant laborers stuck around and did odd jobs until their family would be out in force the next growing season. Cheap labor keeps food prices low. I also gained an immense amount of respect for how hard they work to make so little. Given the option, I've little doubt that nobody else would do that job.

I now pay my Mexican landscaper to keep my yard well maintained. They work for good value freeing me to make much more with my limited time doing high paid white collar jobs.

7. Musburger

Musburger 500+ Posts

8. Larry T. Spider

Larry T. Spider 1,000+ Posts

I respect the hell out of almost every illegal that I have ever met, which it quite a few through work. But, there is no way that they are a net positive on our economy. We simply provide too many benefits to citizens and illegals alike. The main problem is that employers want them here. They are much better employees for the money you spend and they won't sue you. When people start making the connection between the employers and their political donations, they will realize that they are being scammed by the republicans. At least the dems are pretty honest about their vote whoring on the issue.

9. CanaTigers

CanaTigers 2,500+ Posts

10. hornyhoosier

hornyhoosier 500+ Posts

Why would expect new comers to this country to respect the rule of law when our president doesn't?

11. CedarParkFan

Well said Musburger. Husker, cheap labor equals exploitation.

12. accuratehorn

accuratehorn 10,000+ Posts

And that is one of many reasons we need immigration reform, and some sort of legal temporary worker permits.
    The question of whether illegal workers are a net gain or loss to the economy is not easy to answer, since many pay in to tax programs they will not benefit from, like social security. It is not a one-way flow.
    I don't see how you are claiming Obama isn't enforcing immigration laws on the border. The Texas border is crawling with agents everywhere. You must not have visited the area lately. Every time I go birdwatching down there, the border patrol agents are numerous.
    Still, until the economic incentive to enter the United States for work no longer exists, people will find a way to get in. It's called free markets, you might have heard about it somewhere.
    There needs to be a temporary visa and work card program to make these workers legal.

13. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

How about this plan. Seems simple, but effective.

A) Continue allowing legal immigration as we always have. Maybe increase annual immigration quotas, but that could be reviewed.

B) Do everything in our power to deport ALL illegals.

C) Cut unemployment and other unemployed benefits off for anyone on it for more than six months.

D) Those now without those freebies will seek the newly opened jobs previously occupied by illegals.

D) Use a part of that benefits money no longer being issued and the new stream of income tax generated from all the newly legally employed Americans to open deeply discounted or free trade schools to allow those wanting to improve themselves do it.

E) Secure the border to minimize or eliminate the deported illegals from re-entering the country unless they do it through the system LEGALLY.

14. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

accurate
    did you actually talk to any of those agents you say are crawling all over.
    many have spoken out and said they are not allowed to arrest illegals.
    WE know BO let nearly 70,000 convicted illegals out..

BO touts a ' record' number of deportations . Many of those turned out to be " turn arounds"
    Which reinforces what the agents on the ground are saying. more illegals are trying to sneak in here than ever before

If We would bring back the guest worker program, go after employers and actually verify people we cut at least cut into the problem

15. accuratehorn

accuratehorn 10,000+ Posts

They apprehend illegals all the time, and I have seen this happen while birdwatching. We were at one of the preserves, Santa Ana Wildlife Refuge, I believe, and a group started floating over the river on inner tubes. Helicopters appeared before they were 1/3 the way over. The Border Patrol cars are always at the preserves, and the ag fields nearby. But I'm sure that doesn't fit the right wing narrative, Fox News, Rush Limbaugh et. al. The rhetorical scare tactics on this issue are really ridiculous. But it sells to the Tea Party voter, I suppose.
    And there is less illegal immigration these days, mainly due to economic conditions, not more.
    re: those committing felonies, I don't think too many people would oppose deporting this group of people. That isn't an issue.

16. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet