Shipley questionable for UCLA

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by YearOfTheSteer, Sep 9, 2014.

1. YearOfTheSteer

YearOfTheSteer 500+ Posts

2. Handler XIII

Handler XIII 1,000+ Posts

How will we ever replace his 36 yards of receiving?

3. Htown77

Htown77 5,000+ Posts

Jaxon Shipley has always been our best 3rd and 4th down playmaker the past 4 seasons including the North Texas and BYU games.

Pat Forde wrote a BS article today about how Texas has no breakaway receivers. He apparently did not watch Marcus Johnson against OU or TCU last year. He also did not watch the BYU game as he does not realize we simply did not throw down field. On one play in the first half Shipley was in the middle of the field all alone on what could have been a TD.

I think that Shipley, Marcus Johnson and Harris are all very good receivers and it has not been their fault they have not had an elite QB to throw to them. Daje does not have the best hands in the world but he has moves and speed if he makes the catch. However you feel about the talent of these players, with all the injuries and suspensions, our offense cannot afford to lose anyone. This hurts. Will still hope the coaches and players overcome.

4. NBHorn7

NBHorn7 Pimp Daddy

Losing Shipley is always a big loss, not only is he a very good option for any quarterback, he also does other things.

He returns punts and can run a reverse and a pass off of
    it and throws a very good ball when he does. We have talent at receiver, not much to get the ball to them and the one time we threw deep the pass it was ten yards off target.

5. OldHippie

OldHippie 2,500+ Posts

He is currently ranked 2nd on the team in receiving (behind John Harris) with 11 receptions for 76 yards. So, yes, it is a significant loss that will not be easily replaced. He has a knack for getting open and catching the ball in traffic over the middle. Hence the concussion.

6. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Jaxon out is definitely a big deal. I can assure you that defenders always put extra time/men on him.

7. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

DMN reports Jaxon Shipley question for UCLA game?

8. Texas Taps

Texas Taps 5,000+ Posts

9. 84 Horn

84 Horn 500+ Posts

A DC always has to carefully account for Shipley so yes we will miss his 0 to whatever number of yards if he is out.

10. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

He has to be doubled teamed which gives Harris single cover.

11. eastexhorn

eastexhorn 250+ Posts

How to replace him? Baylor has two true freshmen with more yds. than Texas WRS combined.

12. Texas Taps

Texas Taps 5,000+ Posts

13. eastexhorn

eastexhorn 250+ Posts

No not in favor of any one but Strong. Post was to show Brown did not recruit or coach well enough to be at a point so one man out did not hurt a team.

14. Texas Taps

Texas Taps 5,000+ Posts

1 QB plus 3 O-lineman = 4

You are so ******* welcome [​IMG]

15. eastexhorn

eastexhorn 250+ Posts

Texas Taps you started it You maybe a Longhorn fan. Who knows? But from me stick it where the sun does not shine.

Edited to say your post on QB and OL proved my point Mack did not recruit depth at all positions.

16. Texas Taps

Texas Taps 5,000+ Posts

17. eastexhorn

eastexhorn 250+ Posts

Have a nice day.

18. Texas Taps

Texas Taps 5,000+ Posts

19. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

According to Rod Babers Shipley's status is still up in the air and probably will be a gameday decision.

20. Handler XIII

Handler XIII 1,000+ Posts

Guess my sarcasm about our Co OC's didn't come through...

21. eastexhorn

eastexhorn 250+ Posts

I did miss the point it was about two Off. Cords. My point that one player at a WR position should not matter. If depth and coaching was good.