Should have put Vince in...

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Longhorn338, Jan 10, 2009.

1. Longhorn338

Longhorn338 25+ Posts

They deserve the loss!

2. GigoloJoe

GigoloJoe 250+ Posts

A lot of ex-Longhorns on TN so I feel badly for them.

3. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa 500+ Posts

They could have at least put Vince out there at WR to change things up.

4. BurntOrangeOnly

BurntOrangeOnly 500+ Posts

I'm actually glad they kept VY on the bench. NOTHING of this loss is on him. The receivers at TN have stunk since Drew Bennett left after Vince's rookie season.

Live by the scapegoat, die by the scapegoat.

5. 1963_Frosh

1963_Frosh 250+ Posts

This game illustrated how boring in general the NFL is compared to college ball. To do well, you always "play it safe", run the ball, try not to commit turnovers, and hope to win a 13-10 game. The Steelers and Giants fall into this category of team.

If Fisher had any balls, he goes for the TD instead of the FG on their next to last drive. I don't blame Vince for being depressed looking at Flacco (or was it Flatullo) and Collins for a role model.

6. coopspoppa

coopspoppa 25+ Posts

The last play was 4th and 5, pretty sure that is [​IMG] time

7. mandingo

mandingo 2,500+ Posts

8. GiantHorns

GiantHorns 250+ Posts

'cause we're the Houston Oilers ... Houston Oilers ... Houston Oilers #1

Nice to see the Bud Curse victimizing other fans now. I will sleep good tonight.

9. BRay2244

BRay2244 500+ Posts

Yeah, I remember being the victim of countless Oiler heartbreaks. Sucks to be a Titan fan right about now....but I think you had plenty of fair warning not to root for that abortion of a franchise.

10. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn 1,000+ Posts

I'm not losing any sleep over Tenn losing and scoring 10 points without VY in the lineup.

I thought he played awesome in the first half against SD last year and yet Tenn had 6 points.

Fisherball is tough to watch many times.

11. GiantHorns

GiantHorns 250+ Posts

I just wish the TItans would release VY or trade him (though that would be practically impossible) so some of you would get over your love affair with the Titans.

12. Fight Songs

Fight Songs 25+ Posts

(Disclaimer--I'm drunk and not an expert on pro ball)

Is there any reason that the Titans can't use VY in some sort of Wildcat formation like a lot of teams are using with RBs/WRs? I mean, why keep one of the most athletic and competitive players on your team on the bench?

13. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa 500+ Posts

Mandingo says no, so it's no!

14. TexLaw04

TexLaw04 500+ Posts

Anyone notice that the Titans' last play was on 4th and 5? VY has some experience there ...

[​IMG]

15. Wild Bill

Wild Bill 1,000+ Posts

I agree. Not in the 4th with 2 min left, but why not a couple of times in the 2nd 0r 3rd qtr? The Ravens probably did not prepare for VY at QB. Just a couple of series to change things up and throw off the defense, especially after their rookie RB got hurt. How many times did the Titans turn it over inside the Raven's 30 yd line? [​IMG]

16. wilster427

wilster427 < 25 Posts

17. realestatehorn

realestatehorn 25+ Posts

Vince would've whined and asked to not go in at such a point in the ballgame.....especially because they were at home.

18. Denmark

Denmark 500+ Posts

Tenn. had to be one of the lowest scoring #1 seeds in history. I don't think Collins was that good based on the amount of points they scored.

19. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn 1,000+ Posts

I don't think you can fault Collins for the low point amount. It's really what fisher wants.

Don't make any plays if there is any risk of turnover, close to the vest, field position and a punt is a good thing, then play defense.

It's boring as watching paint dry but it works for them. Regular season anyway.

I welcome the day VY gets paroled from that outfit.
    Until he does I will root for him when he plays.

20. TexanWolv

TexanWolv 1,000+ Posts

I couldnt help but laugh yesterday. That loss had CLASSIC Oiler meltdown in the playoffs written all over it. The only thing missing was the Ravens kicking the FG as time expired.

21. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

I must have been watching a different game. I didn't see any meltdown. I saw two, slobber-knocking teams pounding away at one another. I saw Tennessee moving the ball very well in the first half and then having more trouble moving it after their premier running back was injured and couldn't come back in the second half. Most of all, I saw a close game between two, very good teams. Very enjoyable. Much better game than the Arizona/Carolina game. Now, if you want to talk "meltdown," Carolina would seem to be an apt subject. [​IMG]

22. warrior

warrior 2,500+ Posts

Collins and the receivers played well, Ravens defense is awesome and they won the game. Injury to Chris Johnson was huge.

23. BRay2244

BRay2244 500+ Posts

24. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

Well, let me put it this way, then. I was on the edge of my seat that whole game and enjoyed it thoroughly. I wish all the playoff games could be that good. I was very disappointed in the night game, not because I'm a Carolina fan, but because I love close football games and then season is nearing an end--don't want to waste any games on blow-outs with so few left to play. [​IMG]

25. Texasboozer

Texasboozer 25+ Posts

I haven't seen any mention of the blown "delay of game" call on Baltimore's last drive when they were able to complete that long pass to get into FG range. That actually did have an impact and was a pretty obvious miss for the officials.