Should I get the iPhone? edit: I got my iPhone...

Discussion in 'Horn Depot' started by dang-str8, Jun 19, 2007.

1. Benson32

Benson32 1,000+ Posts

525,000 iphones were sold in at&t and apple stores fri-sun (excluding online apple sales). this is about all they had shipped out. the austin stores are sold out, although there are still some other stores in texas with availability.

2. Texas_Rocks

Texas_Rocks 500+ Posts

Over priced, over hyped and over here. I don't know why anyone in their right mind would want to shell out that kind of jack for a cell-phone, but I'm going to do it anyway.

3. MikeUT00

MikeUT00 Guest

Got my e-mail this morning saying that my iPhone will be shipped out this week. I should receive it sometime early next week, hopefully. Don't mind waiting. I'll join y'all in ownership soon! [​IMG]

4. BNB

BNB 250+ Posts

I am happy. The iphone has driven down the price of the Cingular 8525 PDA from 160 to 125 on amazon.com in the last week. I'm too cheap to get the iphone, so I have been eyeing this.
    It's not as slick as the iphone, as it is bigger, and you can only get a 2gb card for it, but it has a kb, alot cheaper, and it has 3g.

5. scottsins

scottsins 1,000+ Posts

screw keyboards. seriously.

6. Benson32

Benson32 1,000+ Posts

that was probably a good choice BNB, because you know, with iphones after 3-400 charges you have to send them in to get a new battery [​IMG]

which, by the way, is totally untrue. the battery starts losing charge after 3-400 charges, just like any other phone or laptop. its amazing how misinformation gets spread around so quickly.

7. LobWedgePhil

LobWedgePhil 100+ Posts

I will be excited to use my phone when Sprint finally decides to port my number, they are being difficult. But the phone is awesome, I can do everything except receive calls, and when Sprint get their head out of their a-s, I will be a very happy man to be done with them.

8. The Hedgehog

The Hedgehog 100+ Posts

I've got an unopened box sitting in my kitchen thats killing me. I went to the Apple store Sunday to check things out - not expecting them to have any inventory. After playing around with it i decided to buy one for my wife (i'm a loyal blackberry user). Its going to cost me $200 to break her contract a year early.

Can't decide if its worth it. I've been trying to talk myself into opening it and just having a third phone around till her contract ends next summer. What's sticking at me is there will probably be a shinier, better iphone in 12 months.

Conspicuous consumption indeed.

What would you do?

9. Swiffert

Swiffert 250+ Posts

open that ****.

10. Benson32

Benson32 1,000+ Posts

I concur.

11. Quadry

Quadry 250+ Posts

I just got mine, but have to wait to set it up at home.

Or can I set it up at work and just link it to my itunes at home?

12. dang-str8

dang-str8 1,000+ Posts

13. SenateHorn

SenateHorn 250+ Posts

I just got mine today, posting on it now. I love it.

14. jcazes

jcazes 500+ Posts

15. lowery21

lowery21 250+ Posts

******* and ho's? **** man, that is special.

16. MikeUT00

MikeUT00 Guest

Benson, where did you find those numbers? I never found an article discussing such. Don't doubt them, just curious for a link.

It looks like the European carriers might have been uncovered. The Link

17. Benson32

Benson32 1,000+ Posts

18. MikeUT00

MikeUT00 Guest

Thanks for the link. It sure did sell. On the Apple site, it shows that there are no more phones at any of the retail stores in Texas, Cali, New York, Florida. I didn't check the other states, just the big ones. I haven't heard anything concrete, but I wouldn't be surprised if it is a complete sellout by this point.

19. LongIslandIceSIP

LongIslandIceSIP 500+ Posts

20. MikeUT00

MikeUT00 Guest

LongIsland ... seriously? Which store still has them in stock?

21. sessamoid

sessamoid 500+ Posts

Considering the increase in the value of my AAPL stock, this little device has far more than paid for itself already.

22. Benson32

Benson32 1,000+ Posts

how is everyones battery life?

Mine is about 20% now with 5h 40min usage and 2d 0h standby.

23. LongIslandIceSIP

LongIslandIceSIP 500+ Posts

24. MikeUT00

MikeUT00 Guest

My iPhone is to be delivered tomorrow. I already have AT&T service. Assuming just need to drop Blackberry service and activate iPhone. Any last minute advice?

25. MikeUT00

MikeUT00 Guest

delivered [​IMG]

26. MikeUT00

MikeUT00 Guest

This thing is badass. I am posting on it right now! [​IMG]