Shrimp and Pancakes?

Discussion in 'In The Stands' started by Idahorn2, Feb 16, 2008.

1. Idahorn2

Idahorn2 250+ Posts

Does anyone know if Huff got his IHOP?

2. wherzwaldo

wherzwaldo 1,000+ Posts

I remember hearing an interview from him a few months ago in which he said something along the lines of, "It's not as easy as I thought."

3. 4th&5

4th&5 1,000+ Posts

Probably more trouble than it's worth. Huff's a great American and one of my favorite Horns ever.

4. honolulu horn

honolulu horn 100+ Posts

IHOP should bend over backwards to let him buy one of those monstrosities and put wherever the hell Huff wants to put it. Preferably near an Oakland pier so the shrimp will be fresh. [​IMG]

5. blonthang

blonthang 2,500+ Posts

Probably being advised that since he really does have another job of more importance, he'll need to hire a full-time manager --- where probably most of the profit would otherwise go.

So instead of being a full-time owner/manager of a franchise restaurant, he'd be a silent owner and having to pay (what, probably about $120,000 per year?) for someone he really needs to trust to be available 24/7 (for those open like that).

Just my guess. Of course if he really wants one, he can still afford to have one, but them'd be some mighty expensive 'cakes for the privelege of walking into your own IHOP.

I'm betting he's getting some good financial advice.

Now, when he retires from the NFL, that's another story. If he stars and becomes locally beloved, then he could buy one, fill it with his NFL memorabilia, manage it, and do really well, and get really fat eating pancakes all day long till he pukes. [​IMG]

6. lkainer

lkainer 500+ Posts

Maybe his taste has improved now that he is no longer a poor college student.

[​IMG]

7. Mageeman

Mageeman 100+ Posts

I don't know any poor college student can afford shrimp.