Sign of the times

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by CedarParkFan, Sep 23, 2013.

1. CedarParkFan

CedarParkFan 1,000+ Posts

Wussy Parents

Pathetic. I can't really think of any other way to describe it. These parents should be ashamed of themselves, but they're not.

2. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Few things are harming the country (and children) more than parents taking the side of their misbehaving kids over the side of authority (or in this case, a stranger who was just a victim of their misbehavior). It's one of the worst things a parent could do to his kid, yet our idiotic parents do it all the time.

There certainly should be lawsuits in this case - by Mr. Holloway against these pathetic parents. I know he wants to save these kids and shame them, but if their parents are seriously considering suing him, then they're not going to be saved by shaming them, because they have no shame. He needs to drop the hammer. I don't know what New York has, but Texas has a good law on this. If your kid is between the ages of 10 and 18 and willfully or maliciously damages property, you can get sued for up to $25K in damages plus attorney's fees and court costs.

That should be enough to compensate Mr. Holloway, but we also have to punish and make an example out of these little shits so they and other dumbass kids with crappy parents don't do the same thing in the future. They need to be charged with a crime that involves at least some jail time.

3. dillohorn

dillohorn Guest

I have only one word for these parents and others who fail to take responsibility for their actions........disgusting.

4. Larry T. Spider

Larry T. Spider 1,000+ Posts

We have a huge portion of parents that refuse to expend any energy to teach their kids how to behave, yet will go to enormous lengths to prevent any natural consequences to their misbehavior. It's quite bizarre.

5. msdw24

msdw24 1,000+ Posts

This what happens when you let liberals run the country!

6. Bevo Incognito

Bevo Incognito 5,000+ Posts

What was that great line from "Keep Your Eyes on the Sparrow?" Oh yeah, "don't do the tweet if you can't take the heat."

7. msdw24

msdw24 1,000+ Posts

8. Larry T. Spider

Larry T. Spider 1,000+ Posts

Plenty of this happening in all parts of town among all races, religions, and background other than most immigrants. They still know how to raise kids. I'm not a sky is falling type as far as the next generation being terrible and there have always been bad parents. But, we seem to be more accommodating to bad parents and their offspring. I know schools are.

9. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

Sadly enough kids will find out that they can't get away with this kind of crap forever and if they don't want to wipe their own butts they're going to get a rash. I've seen parents with tens of thousands in legal defense bills still contending they have raised great and responsible kids and be utterly dismayed that even good lawyers can't keep the the little ******** out of jail when they seriously injure others in a DWI or drunken assualt.

10. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet