SI's Preseason Top 25

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by moondog_LFZ, Aug 6, 2019.

1. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  2. Desperado

Desperado 1,000+ Posts

Cinco?! Whoa now, tap the brakes. That’s just a bit too high for my liking. The target just got bigger.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. PecosBill

PecosBill 1,000+ Posts

Enjoy the hype, about 5-6 too high imo.

Would rather start Top 12 and move to Top 5 but I'm not trying to sell magazines and clicks.

Go Horns!

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. utempire

utempire 1,000+ Posts

If we beat lsu I would consider this legit. The rest of the poll seems about right. I would have clemson #1, they have a cupcake schedule and only play 8 conference games, like the sec.

5. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

Agree, Desperado. Too many holes to fill on defense - need to see how quickly the defense gets it. With a W over LSU, I'd think 5 or 6 would be justified. Follow that with a W over Zero U and I'd buy Top 4.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

That and all the preseason player award hype make me jittery. Always get nervous when anyone gets the early hype like Sam is getting. I’ve got my orange glasses too but still makes me nervous.

7. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

We just moved back into the neighborhood.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

I would have preferred about 12-14, Texas is not one best five teams in country, yet. Lets see where the Horns stand mid-October after LSU and OU and then we can talk about Texas being one of best five teams in country.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. RainH2burntO

RainH2burntO 2,500+ Posts

10. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

Did we just get the kiss of death? Please tell me that is a regional cover!!!!

11. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

I that SI cover is real, who is the backup QB?

12. joh

joh 25+ Posts

Regional