Size on defense?

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Crockett, Sep 26, 2018.

1. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

Texas has recruited some defensive beef, but seems unwilling to put more than one 300 pounder at a time in the lineup.
    I wonder if its philosophical or just that 255 pound Hager and 275 pound Omineu are extremely strong for their size?
    I don't believe Christmas-Giles or Chisolm has taken a snap this season.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

Size matters

But in the Big 12, Speed matters more. I'm pretty happy with both size and speed.

My wife, not so much.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Hot Hot x 1
  3. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

I she doesnt!

4. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

It's philosophical. They probably would take someone bigger at one of the ends, but right now we don't have that.

Apparently Christmas is just not getting it done, he's been buried on the depth chart since he got here. Wilbon has played more and more as the year has gone on, and it was interesting that both Bimage and TaGuon Graham are seeing their minutes go up. Graham's at 285, so he's got more size than Hager for sure.

Ojomo and Coburn are both 280-plus, and Coburn's definitely more of a nose guy. I was hoping he might step up this year, but Wilbon hasn't been bad off the bench, so maybe that's why. Nothing on Ojomo yet, but he's another guy that could be a bigger option at end.