SJSU 'Houston Strong' Shirts

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by havoc7701, Sep 9, 2017.

1. havoc7701

havoc7701 Sponsor and Aggy Ridiculer

As someone whose Katy house flooded, I think the Spartans coaching staff wearing these shirts was a really classy touch.

• Like Like x 10
  2. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

I hope everyone from Corpus to Orange knows this includes you.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

I was gonna say something too. Gotta admit, that was pretty cool. I'll be rooting for them the rest of the season.

4. VYFan

VYFan 2,500+ Posts

That was very cool.

5. yelladawgdem

yelladawgdem 2,500+ Posts

Havoc, so sorry to hear of your flooding, and glad that you are safe. You will always remember thoughtful gestures, especially from strangers, from good people who know that they are their brother's keeper.

Hook Em.:texasflag:

• Like Like x 3
  6. Hoop

Hoop 500+ Posts

Sorry to hear about the flood. I agree with you; that was a nice touch.

• Like Like x 1
  7. rick mueller

rick mueller Burnt Orange Bleeder

Amen! Obviously they didn't want to wear the "Texas Strong" version. I don't blame for that

• Like Like x 1
  8. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Nice move - and I am certain it is meant as a generalization for all those affected. So sad to see Mother Nature is not finished with us yet (generalizing US here).

9. El Sapo

El Sapo Bevo's BFF

Yes, saw that and thought the same

10. havoc7701

havoc7701 Sponsor and Aggy Ridiculer

Amen to that...the way strangers and neighbors have pulled together has been amazing. I do think about the Houston lads on this team and wonder how their families are doing...

• Like Like x 3
  11. yelladawgdem

yelladawgdem 2,500+ Posts

This showed class and basic human dignity. Something sorely eroding /missing is our current societal discourse. Class, the thoughtful gesture people don't forget, is half time of the Bonfire Game (that should never have been played......personal opinion please don't respond), over at Hooterville. I still get a lump in my throat.

"Amazing Grace"

:usflag::texasflag:

• Like Like x 1