SJSU @ Texas

Discussion in 'Men’s Basketball' started by Horns11, Nov 20, 2021.

1. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

San José State vs. Texas - Game Summary - November 20, 2021 - ESPN

It looked like the message today was to try for a stingy defensive game, and they delivered... forced a million turnovers!

The guards still aren't quite "right," especially Carr. I think Askew should probably get a few starts because Carr looks lost whenever he's trying to drive. Andrew Jones off the bench hit the only 3-pointer between all of them. Kind of sad, considering most of those were open looks.

Forwards combined for 50 points and 18 boards. If Disu gets back his health, we have arguably the deepest frontcourt in the country.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Just think what a game under Shaka would have looked like had our guards hit only one 3pointer all night.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

I didn't get to see the game. Any highlights? I looked at the box score and it show us hitting 4 of 16 for 25%. Looks like defense was the key forcing 27 turnovers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Forwards hit three, Jones hit 1.

The first half was utter destruction of SJSU, the second half devolved into the equivalent of a cat toying with an injured mouse, along with a lot of PT for the deeper recesses of the bench.

5. p_town_horn

p_town_horn 1,000+ Posts

I’m glad our deep bench is getting some PT but Carr and the starters need to work out their 3 point shooting before we start Big 12 play.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

I wasn't expecting Carr to be the next TJ or DJ, but I was certainly expecting better from someone who was 1st or 2nd team all B10. He better start showing it because at this point he's been worse than anyone from the Barnes/Shaka era. For a deep run PG absolutely has to improve.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Now, when the outside shooting is cold, we have the ability to feed it inside to Mitchell (and Allen, and soon Disu) and still score lots of points. Missing piece of the puzzle found.

And how bout Cunningham lighting up the scoreboard yesterday!

:bevo::bevo::bevo::bevo::bevo:

• Like Like x 4
  8. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

Ahh, I missed the all important "guards". :smile1: