SLEEPLESS in SEATTLE

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by TEXnSEATTLE, Jun 11, 2020.

1. TEXnSEATTLE

TEXnSEATTLE 1,000+ Posts

armed protesters taking over a big part of the city....building chemical weapons....other fun stuff.....anyone have experience in such? suggestions???

2. Horn2RunAgain

Horn2RunAgain 2,500+ Posts

Pulling for ya to endure the nonsense

My wife and I have stopped our treks to lower Greenville and Klyde Warren park the past 2 weeks. Feel like a semi prisoner in our hometown (live 25 minutes east of Dallas).

Suggestion? All we can do is vote. My burb is Red. Very safe. Dallas? Blue and not so safe right now

• Like Like x 1
  3. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

I am amazed that these Auntie Faas don't need how stupid they are, They were protesting police and now have their on police in Chaz.
    And having to bring food.
    Why won't they cut off power water and cell power

4. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  5. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

I took over a few blocks of Seattle in the mid 80s. After looking around, I realized what a huge stack of liberal sh-t was around me so I left for Texas.

• Funny Funny x 4
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2020
  6. Creek

Creek 1,000+ Posts

I think it is great. Expose the leftist, get more votes for Trump.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  7. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

I hope you are right Clean
    I have not seen how MSM is covering it.
    We see from Bubba's post that the narrative is Antifa is not violent.

8. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

This is tragic. Seattle was arguably the best city in the country about 20-30 years ago. Then there were bums pooping all over the place (ala San Francisco) and trash accumulating. And now the riots and a lawless so-called autonomous zone. I wouldn’t want to go there anymore.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

Don't imagine anybody will want to go there. I feel sorry for the people trapped in their condos by those thugs. Supposedly they have to show an id to be let in. Thugs also shaking down business owners, who were already hit by COVID problems. Not good and a spineless government that seems to be hoping this will play itself out nonviolently.

10. TEXnSEATTLE

TEXnSEATTLE 1,000+ Posts

watch what it's like, now....

11. TEXnSEATTLE

TEXnSEATTLE 1,000+ Posts

I am a real estate broker and have sold a condo that is two blocks from the police station and part of the zone....looking at the area that they have taken over, there are a few apartments and a few condos...but, only a few....

12. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

This is the sort of over-the-top goofball stuff I would expect in Portland. In the past, I viewed the Seattle area as a combination of Indy bands, Bohemian youth culture, the West Coast capital of what’s happening in the youth scene, a regional corporate and banking center, shipping port, high tech area, unemployed loggers, fishermen, old line descendants of Scandinavian immigrants, and a strong military (esp Navy) presence. Now it just looks like an overgrown Portland, complete with anarchists, and with the public poop problem of San Francisco.

I have high hopes for Seattle’s future though. Remember, NYC really sucked in the 1970s. They should beg Giuliani to move in, run for mayor, and clean it all up.

• Like Like x 1
  13. TEXnSEATTLE

TEXnSEATTLE 1,000+ Posts

Just listened to the Mayor of Seattle Jenny Durkan where she likened the ARMED protesters taking of a part of the Capital Hill area to another thing we would do in the Summer, block off streets for a block party or concert....they denied having any knowledge of our WAR LORD going from business to business shaking them down because no one has come forward and filed an official police complaint....DUH!!! THE POLICE MOVE OUT ON MONDAY IN ONE BIG HURRY....there is no one to file that with!!!

• poop poop x 1
  14. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

Shut off power, block off food and water. Then shoot anyone that still resists. They are anarchists- f them. Time to clean it up.

• Like Like x 1
  15. TEXnSEATTLE

TEXnSEATTLE 1,000+ Posts

YES!!! go to YouTube and listen to our Mayor and tell me if she is smart enough to figure that out....

16. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

This isn't happening according to the MSM. You won't find any stories about Seattle except on Fox News. MSNBC, Politico, nothing, not happening. Just friendly folks having a block party.

• WTF? WTF? x 2
  17. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

Apparently there is a plan to occupy the state capital in Nashville today. Our dumb$$$ mayor says that’s not his responsibility to protect because it is state property.

He also let his subjects know that the 4th of July fireworks show will go on, BUT nobody can attend. You must watch from home.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2020
  18. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Defund Antifa

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Hot Hot x 1
  19. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

some video - would you expect anything else?

• WTF? WTF? x 1
  20. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

This woman was the US Atty for most of the state of Washington under Obama. She was seriously considered as a replacement for Holder. Can you imagine what law and order would have looked like under her reign? She would do this to all cities in the US.

• WTF? WTF? x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  21. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

If Orwell were still alive, he would bow to Southpark

• Winner Winner x 2
  22. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 6
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Hot Hot x 1
  23. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

I wonder if Margaret Channon will ever look back from her jail cell, when her head clears and reality sets in, and realize she's screwed up her life?

Why are there so many white Antifa? I mostly see pasty white folks running around in masks and black outfits smashing windows and raising hell. Most of the blacks in the riots seem like locals, more caught up in the emotion of the moment than driven by radical ideology.

Are all these kids being radicalized in college or is it social media too?

24. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

Ted Cruz has a good sense of humor. I like that guy.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  25. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

If I were her, I would risk taking it to a jury. In that state, you probably have at least one antifa supporter on every panel

• Agree Agree x 1
  26. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

No, to these screwed up people it's a badge of honor to spend time in prison for "the cause". I think that group is too stupid to realize that if things change to what they want they will suffer the effects like everyone else and their life will be much worse off. This is the result of everyone gets a trophy mentality. They have no idea how good their life is compared to people in other countries. Just take a trip to central Brazil. Most people live in cardboard or tin lean to "housing". Its sad and that's what the dummies want to happen here even though they don't realize that will be the result.

• Agree Agree x 2
  27. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Like I've said previously, wokeness is taking the place of Christianity (and religion in general) for many on the Left. It's the source of their righteousness and morality. Well, if you think wokeness is morality, then joining Antifa and participating in Twitter mobs makes a lot of sense.

It's both, and most of all it's absent or checked out parents. They don't have any morality and don't pass anything along to their kids. So they're getting raised by popular culture and government schools.

• Agree Agree x 2
  28. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn said the problem with Russia that led to its horrendous history was that they as a nation forgot God. You could say the same thing for Germany and much of Europe in the early 20th Century. We are there now in the US.

Not sure what the correct response is at this point. The academics have completed the "long march through culture". It's done. American culture is no longer American and no one at this point is going to reverse that because the mob is convinced that it all must be burned down. Those of us who haven't been brainwashed will have to find some geography to take shelter in and defend the gates.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  29. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

It does seem like America has forgotten God. We keep building mega churches with fancy child care centers and multi-media, yet somehow The message isn’t taking hold.

• Agree Agree x 2
  30. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

My eldest son visited Chaz yesterday and confirmed how little most on this thread knows about it. It wasn't dangerous, there were no walls or warlords, no ID was required. He didn't see any armed guards. It was every bit the block party that's been described. As he described it I imagined Haight Ashbury in the 60's. LOT'S of weed, art (good and bad), music (live bands playing) but ultimately a community trying to cope. Many businesses were open in this 6 block area. The autonomous zone is really only in the streets/park. My son said it doesn't appear that anyone has taken over any buildings. Heck, they self policed looters trying to break into the police station a few days back. I suspect this will end as the energy wears out, peacefully.

Get out of your information bubble, especially FoxNews. Reading that you'd expect it to be Escape From New York. Rather, it's an Occupy Wall Street with a lot more weed.