SLEEPLESS in SEATTLE

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by TEXnSEATTLE, Jun 11, 2020.

1. TEXnSEATTLE

TEXnSEATTLE 1,000+ Posts

2. TEXnSEATTLE

TEXnSEATTLE 1,000+ Posts

• WTF? WTF? x 1
  3. TEXnSEATTLE

TEXnSEATTLE 1,000+ Posts

4. TEXnSEATTLE

TEXnSEATTLE 1,000+ Posts

5. TEXnSEATTLE

TEXnSEATTLE 1,000+ Posts

6. TEXnSEATTLE

TEXnSEATTLE 1,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  7. TEXnSEATTLE

TEXnSEATTLE 1,000+ Posts

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. TEXnSEATTLE

TEXnSEATTLE 1,000+ Posts

9. TEXnSEATTLE

TEXnSEATTLE 1,000+ Posts

this taken 15m ago...

• Hot Hot x 1
  10. TEXnSEATTLE

TEXnSEATTLE 1,000+ Posts

11. TEXnSEATTLE

TEXnSEATTLE 1,000+ Posts

12. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

I don't think police have to be abolished but there are bad incentives that have led to bad outcomes for all of us. There is another way.

13. TEXnSEATTLE

TEXnSEATTLE 1,000+ Posts

14. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

Look through Andy Ngo's Twitter feed. He has videos from inside CHAZ. It looks like a nightmare to me. But I do see fences, barricades, fights, vandalism.

Maybe that guy's son who is saying it is a big party is doing his best to impersonate Walter Duranty. Communists always get people to lie for them.

15. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

What happens in 50 years when they are driving the same cars and living in dilapidated buildings due to no investment? Fortunately this will crater sooner than that.

• Like Like x 1
  16. TEXnSEATTLE

TEXnSEATTLE 1,000+ Posts

they plan to come and take your property....

• Like Like x 1
  17. Horn2RunAgain

Horn2RunAgain 2,500+ Posts

Husker for brains

Now there's a nickname that has some legs. I like it

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I don't doubt that politically-motivated actors and media exaggerate and mischaracterize the area and the activists who are there. However, my understanding is that the police precinct had to be vacated. I've seen reports of that far beyond Fox News. Whether the people inside are just smoking a lot of weed and listening to music or not, don't you see why the expulsion of police from public property (including their own precinct building) is a major problem that can't be tolerated in a civil society?

What if something happens in that area (the chaz or anywhere in that police precinct) that warrants a police or emergency response? What if someone gets shot? What if there's a fire? What if someone gets raped? And I don't mean by the activists. I just mean the normal crime and emergencies that can happen anywhere at anytime. Don't you see how that could go badly with the police precinct shutdown and service disrupted?

Would you be ok with this happening to the police precinct that covers your home?l

• Like Like x 2
  19. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

LOL:fire:
    So there was a fire in Chaz
    Guess who they called?

20. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

I think I'm going to go out on a limb here and say @TEXnSEATTLE has shown the more accurate depiction of this insanity.

Husker, haven't missed ya....

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. TEXnSEATTLE

TEXnSEATTLE 1,000+ Posts

I saw a clip from Virginia where there were pulling a statue down and it fell on someone injuring severely....while the crowd was yelling things at the police moments before, they ran to get them when the emergency arose....then, in an instant....8 cops surrounded the hurt while the destructive ones looked on.....

22. TEXnSEATTLE

TEXnSEATTLE 1,000+ Posts

their War Lord???

• Funny Funny x 1
  23. TEXnSEATTLE

TEXnSEATTLE 1,000+ Posts

TRUST me, all of us up here, WITH BRAINS are totally freaking out as this drags on....just spoke to a liberal friend (must live next door to HUSKER FOR BRAINS) and she said thinks it's a peaceful "LOVE-IN" honoring George Floyd....so that is why I DOUBLE DOWN on LIBERALISM is a MENTAL DISEASE!!!

• Agree Agree x 2
  24. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

Where is Darwin when you need him.

25. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Husker isn't dumb. He's a knowledgeable guy with whom I frequently disagree, but he's not an idiot. Furthermore, he'll show respect when it's shown to him. Having said that, I do think he's misguided on this if he really thinks it isn't a problem.

I will say this though. If people are wildly exaggerating how bad this place actually is, that is counterproductive and makes it harder to bring a guy like Husker along. There are obvious reasons for fair-minded people to be concerned with this sort of thing. We don't have to make stuff up. It just hurts our side's credibility.

26. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

The vids are pretty straight forward.

27. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

But are they representative of what's generally happening, or are they mere anecdotes who only represent the worst people there? Keep in mind that we're telling people not to judge the police in general because of the bad acts of one officer.

28. huisache

huisache 2,500+ Posts

When unruly citizens seized Fort Sumter the feds jumped in real quick and the President sent troops to quell the uprising. That worked out so well.

29. TEXnSEATTLE

TEXnSEATTLE 1,000+ Posts

you are correct, Sir....
    my frantic post is for multiple reasons....first, our drug addicts walking through the streets like ZOMBIES of the APOCALYPSE has been going on for 10+ years....there are 10 ft high piles of trash and feces everywhere...(imagine, that!!!) this mayor will prepare a speech that she reads with fake inflection about how WE NEED TO BETTER and not fail these people that are homeless due to the high price of housing....NEVER EVER mentioning the fact that we throw BILLIONS (and I'm not kidding at that number) in just cleaning up after them ...then, LIBERALS buy into that crap UNTIL someone parks a NON-FUNCTING 20 ft RV in front of their house and daily people go in and out and then they come over and take a dump in your bushes and take all their trash and put it all over your year....what would be your response to such??? THAT IS WHAT WE ARE TALKING, here!!!! I sell real estate and have wasted a good part of my life taking clients to what look like nice homes to find three or four RV's parked FOREVER up and down the street....and yes, these people are drug addicts....NEEDLES, EVERYWHERE......please, watch IS SEATTLE DYING....and give me your thoughts....and I will move on to the second reason....

30. TEXnSEATTLE

TEXnSEATTLE 1,000+ Posts

interesting....how bad do you see the "OTHER" side being...ANTIFA? do you believe that any of this is driven by George Floyd?