SLEEPLESS in SEATTLE

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by TEXnSEATTLE, Jun 11, 2020.

1. TEXnSEATTLE

TEXnSEATTLE 1,000+ Posts

2. TEXnSEATTLE

TEXnSEATTLE 1,000+ Posts

3. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

If he wants to finally arrest who is responsible for this criminal activity, then he will have to arrest himself

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. TEXnSEATTLE

TEXnSEATTLE 1,000+ Posts

• WTF? WTF? x 1
  6. Duck Dodgers

Duck Dodgers 1,000+ Posts

"Please! If you don't leave we'll say Please!!!! again. Then we'll leave. But you'll be mean!"

How pathetic is the Portland PD. Yet if told to execute a 4 am no-knock raid on a political enemy of the Oregon ruling class, their only questions would be related to amount of overtime they could bill.

7. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

I didn't know there was a Portland Autonomous Zone. Why is no one reporting on that?

8. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

One could argue that the entire city of Portland is an autonomous zone - no respect for law and order, common decency, or private property rights. I guess the folks in Portland elected their leaders, so they're getting what they deserve.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

It should horrify any normal person that the Portland Police are begging to law breakers to not riot.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2020
  10. TEXnSEATTLE

TEXnSEATTLE 1,000+ Posts

11. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

Gentrification is one of those words that people get mad at because Commies say it is bad. Gentrification is complicated, but it isn't bad. Not everything coming out of it is great, but it isn't an evil that the proletariat need to fight.

12. TEXnSEATTLE

TEXnSEATTLE 1,000+ Posts

it's called progress....

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

I did not know or realize this latest uproar stemmed from a man who bought a house on Mississippi st in 2018 and has been trying to evit a family who owned the house before they quit paying and got foreclosed on.

14. TEXnSEATTLE

TEXnSEATTLE 1,000+ Posts

STOP EVICTIONS....!!!

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. TEXnSEATTLE

TEXnSEATTLE 1,000+ Posts

16. TEXnSEATTLE

TEXnSEATTLE 1,000+ Posts

17. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

It is disgusting that the police are afraid of these thugs.
    I read the rioters have a catapult.
    Portland is lost

18. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

The funny thing is many neighborhoods being "gentrified" started out as mostly white neighborhoods. Why was it ok to ruin neighborhoods turning them into slums, gang and drug central, but its not ok to make them nice again?

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. TEXnSEATTLE

TEXnSEATTLE 1,000+ Posts

20. TEXnSEATTLE

TEXnSEATTLE 1,000+ Posts

21. 2003TexasGrad

2003TexasGrad Son of a Motherless Goat

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

Well, some poor people get priced out of the market and have to move.

What everyone fails to point out is that those who have to move would have way more options if there was less government involvement and less regulation. But because the government is "solving" the problem, no low income housing is made. Therefore, when a neighborhood is gentrified, there is no where for poor residents to move. Then the government points out that problem and points out property owners trying to improve the location. Then they enact another regulation to "help" the poor.

But if the government is really helping how do the poor always get caught in these laws the government enacts? Time to wake up y'all. Government is the enemy.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  23. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

There's nothing wrong with gentrification except when people doing it pretend they're being righteous in doing it.

24. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

And imagine how different the narrative would be if instead of it being latter-day marxists setting up autonomous zones, it was Richard Spencer or some gun-friendly right-wing group doing it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  25. TEXnSEATTLE

TEXnSEATTLE 1,000+ Posts

I sell real estate and have done so for over 20 years...
    About half of my buyers were looking for something in a great location that they could fix up using their own sweat and tears and then be in a location that they could not otherwise afford.
    Almost all of them were able to accomplish this....with a TON of WORK...and I mean a TON!
    Please, expand on your argument....thanks~

• Like Like x 1
  26. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

We did that in our little community 20+ years ago then the blasted town council goes commercial and we’re the last residence among all commercial. Value of my property has exploded and now Atmos Energy is going to destroy that with gas pipe crap on a permanent site of my property by Eminent Domain. I’m powerless.

27. TEXnSEATTLE

TEXnSEATTLE 1,000+ Posts

ugh....are they giving you a good value for your property?

28. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Nothing compared to the value loss, not close. I mean who’s going to build next to gas valves, drip lines, etc.

29. TEXnSEATTLE

TEXnSEATTLE 1,000+ Posts

MONA!!! try being in SEATTLE where the IDIOTIC City Council is raising taxes again on home owners after two years of 35% and 45% increases in property taxes....this is for the poor as well!!! and then, they are taking a huge chunk of this money and paying HAZMET COMPANIES to remove needles and HUMAN FECES from EVERY PARK IN THE CITY....back in the 20's, 30's, 40's the building of this city included little parks scattered around and now, if you've paid $1.5M for your 1800 sq.ft. "grandma" house with 2BR and tiny kitchen and tiny bath....you can see people shoot up, have sex, and urinate in front of you and sometimes in your own bushes at ALL HOURS of the day.....

30. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Holy Cow Texn
    You have to REALLY love your view to stay there.