SMU v. AM

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by envgeo, Sep 4, 2011.

1. DavidCrockett

DavidCrockett 25+ Posts

A&M is the real deal. Very good looking team imop. Sure, first game, and they will be tested in a couple games, but reminds me of some of our 10 win teams.

2. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

wut? [​IMG]

3. Hoop

Hoop 500+ Posts

The Ags look pretty good to me. They have some things to clean up, but what team doesn't at this point? They certainly looked better on both sides of the ball in the 3rd quarter. Texas did too, for that matter, but I think they have a pretty good team.

I'd say they played to their ranking and expectations at this point.

4. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Oops, sorry. Thought I was on Hornfans...

5. Hoop

Hoop 500+ Posts

...and yet you still managed to find your way here and post to a thread called A&M vs. SMU.

Also, in the past you posted to a thread about tOSU that had nothing to do with the Longhorns with a reply that had, well, nothing to do with the Longhorns.

I'm guessing that you are a college football fan like the rest of us. Welcome to the Internet!
    [​IMG]

6. The Sooner Dude

The Sooner Dude 25+ Posts

ATM looked solid. Defensive breakdowns in first half largely corrected in second half.

Big three on offense looked awesome. OL was in control the whole game.

I generally have thought ATM was a fraud these past years, this team could be dangerous. Glad OU plays in Norman.

7. tholly

tholly 1,000+ Posts

I've always rooted for B12 teams and/or in-state teams when they play outsiders. Last yr with neb and aggie tonite were the only exceptions... Sadly, aggie offense looks exceptional. Two outstanding RBs, even better receiving corp, OL is huge and very good, QB is a coaches dream. If Sherman had any sense last yr, they would've pulled Johnson early in the OkSt game and aggie wins the south... Hopefully their def collapses a couple times in conference play

8. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

Yeah, I was disappointed to see how well tam played. They played solid on both sides, line play was tough, skill players very impressive.

The QB was sharp, running backs quick and strong.

I was hoping smu would beat them, and optimistic at 20-14. Then tam seemed to find their stride. smu was totally overmatched.

i don't see the aggie implosion happening this year that I've come to know and love in the past.

9. Bigtex112

Bigtex112 500+ Posts

Padron looked horrible and made terrible decisions. Both INTs could have resulted in 1st downs if he had just run the ball.

10. Third Coast

Third Coast 10,000+ Posts

Great game for a&m. A fine addition to the SEC they are.

11. horn4jc

horn4jc 1,000+ Posts

Right now, A&M would kill us. Our DT's and MLB will have to make plays or else Gray and Michael will gash us for 200+ yards. The good news is we don't get them until the end so hopefully the D will have gelled. Also, Tannehill to Fuller is a good combo.

That said, if I had to choose between beating OU or A&M this year, A&M hands down. Or else they will be unbearable until the world ends.

12. ShinerTX

ShinerTX 1,000+ Posts

Aggy is very sound fundamentally. Sherman has done a very good job there. Amazing the difference a QB change made for him.