So do the John Bolton revelations bother anybody?

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Crockett, Jun 23, 2020.

1. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

Trump did in fact hold up aid to the Ukraine while demanding investigation of the Bidens?

Trump is a sucker for foreign leaders who pander to his ego?

Trump lies all the time and trusts his judgement on issues he's not taken time to read about and understand?

Beyond the Bolton revelations our president looks like he's going off the deep end organizing rally's where politically crazed folks show their fervor... and inconsideration for the lives of those around them... by not wearing masks.

Fired the US Attorney in charge of investigating friends of his, including old buddy Rudy Giuliani who helped barter the arms for investigations deal with the Ukraine

2. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

I’m okay with holding up weapons supply until Biden’s we’re investigated. Need to root out criminal activity by politicians like Biden.

A president has an ego? Who would have thought?

Attending rallies is known as freedom. No one forced to attend.

There have been some other investigations of Trump that were illegal, so firing these Lib investigators is also understandable. The Libs crapped in their own hat with this line of attack.

• Hot Hot x 1
  3. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Another ******* with sour grapes fired by Trump. Yeah....

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

1. Who cares, the tape on Biden extorting the Ukrainians for his son is much worse. All Trump did was twist their arm.

2. You mean Trump has a ego? How strange. That is like saying Clinton has a thing for interns that suck like a hoover.

3. Is this really a revelation to anyone?

4. Considering what is happening in this country, most Americans are ready to start a Civil War and drop a hammer on the left. If Trump supporters are in a frenzy, it's because the left has pushed them too far.

5. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

You mean revelations about Bolton being a whack job. Yes he is.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

AG fired because he wouldn’t defend religious freedom.

WSJ News Exclusive | Attorney General Barr, Berman at Odds Over Letter Criticizing New York City Mayor

7. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

South Korea has said that Bolton is distorting the US-NK negations. South Korea says Bolton's memoir on Trump-Kim summit is distorted

Please tell me why we should believe anything Bolton says.

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

Bolton will do anything to start a war. He is carrying water for his Deep State buddies. The book and interviews are his way of publicly stating his allegiance to the Deep State. Eff him.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Bolton? No, nothing he has to say bothers me in the least.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

A GOP friend went to the Tulsa rally. He said the speakers were incredible and it was a great experience - except for the last speaker. He said he was the worst by far.

You guys own this turd. The SDNY will be fun to watch.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

You'll never learn.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

I don't know if anything will stick and I'm making no predictions. I do want to watch it.

13. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Considering that even SOUTH Korea has indicated that Bolton was FoS in the book, I don't worry at all about anything Bolton may claim other than the fact that he deliberately chose to violate the NDA he signed when he had accepted the position...

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. 4th_floor

4th_floor Dude, where's my laptop?

I'm fine with any or all of this, even if it's true.
    When did you start believing John Bolton? Are you a neo-con too?

• Like Like x 1
  15. utempire

utempire 1,000+ Posts

Watch cnn much?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Croc
    "Trump is a sucker for foreign leaders who pander to his ego?"
    You mean pander in as FINALLY paying more for NATO?

Or would you rather see a POTUS pander like Obama did?

• Like Like x 1
  17. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

I think he's a dangerous hawk... but he does seem credible when talking about Trump.

• WTF? WTF? x 1
  18. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

Nope. Dallas Morning News and online print sources are a better way to get info... more credible, less biased.

19. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

The fired US Attorney was no lib. He was a Republican and a Trump donor.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I haven't read the book, so all I have to go by is media characterizations of the book. Do they bother me? Yes. However, the political media has shown that it's willing to misrepresent evidence to favor their preferred narrative. They did that with pretty much every piece of testimony in the impeachment inquiry, so I'm not willing to defer to them on Bolton's book. I'd have to see it myself. It might be damning. However, it's going to be hard not to look at it without remembering that nobody on Capitol Hill took Bolton's testimony seriously enough to show up to a court hearing. Makes it hard for me to take it particularly seriously especially coming from the guy who stands to benefit from me doing so.

I'm pro-mask, but when we decided that it was ok to burn buildings and destroy statues without masks, the credibility on this issue was lost for good. There's no going back on that.

21. UTChE96

UTChE96 2,500+ Posts

Im more concerned that Trump hired someone like Bolton in the first place. Unfortunately the Democratic party will never offer a sensible alternative for any conservative to ever support.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  22. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

I am more concerned you and the Democrat party advocates destruction of churches, commercial property and the constitution. Didn’t you post the pro Antifa post?

23. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

No I didn't. Politically, I'm about halfway between you and Antifa, maybe a little closer to you. Those guys are wacky anarchists with no respect for law and rights of others.

24. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

Do tell. How much did he give to Trump? How do you know he was a Republican?

25. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Did you not consider a Never Trump Republican?

26. Creek

Creek 1,000+ Posts

People that write books and conjur up juicy stuff to please their publishers are typically full of ****, have zero character, and are greedy ********.
    The hell with him and his book.

• Like Like x 1
  27. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

I read it in a newspaper article, which said that he gave to a Trump supporting Superpac. As far as party affiliation... it's in the public record numerous places.

28. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

Not very convincing. Any actual evidence supporting your claim?

29. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

I trust newspapers. What media do you trust...you called him a lib. gotta source at all?

30. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

So you don't have any evidence. Not surprising.

• Like Like x 1