So...Fredricksburg

Discussion in 'On The Road Again' started by Jeevsie, May 30, 2007.

1. Jeevsie

Jeevsie 100+ Posts

Will I end up dying of boredom? What is there to do other than drink wine and look at antiques?

2. EJC+1

EJC+1 250+ Posts

well...that depends how old you are. If you're a family man, then you should know that this **** goes with the territory and you should enjoy yourself. If you're under 30...then probably yes. If you're under 21, then definately.

However, if you can drink, just get drunk at one of the cool little resturants there.

3. C-Man

C-Man 250+ Posts

Fredericksburg is awesome. (I'm 34.) Get schnockered at the biergarten then grab a roadie and start shopping with the wife. You're also only about 30 minutes or so from Cooper's BBQ in Llano.

4. blkshoes

blkshoes 100+ Posts

how long will you be there?

5. CaptainEd

CaptainEd 1,000+ Posts

in no particular order:

wine
    food
    sex
    wine
    sex
    sex
    food
    sex
    wine
    shopping

it's a good relaxing weekend getaway.

6. Jeevsie

Jeevsie 100+ Posts

I like the way this Captain guy thinks!

I'm 34 and will be there for 3 days/2 nights. -- to answer the questions.

7. miguelito

miguelito 250+ Posts

Wildseed farms is a few miles east of town. They have lots of flowers on display (acres, literally), a walk-through butterfly exhibit, and all the gardening tools/decorations you could ever want. It's good for a couple hours at least.

8. MAROON

MAROON 250+ Posts

Luckenback is 20 minutes away....nice way to spend the day, sitting on the back porch drinking cold longnecks listening to someone strum the guitar

9. blkshoes

blkshoes 100+ Posts

b&b or other? i go every yr for 3 days, 2 nights for anniversary, and have never had a bad time or been bored. there is some mandatory shopping, but its not that bad. there are benches outside along the streeet if youve had enough, and there's a store on both sides of the street that sells beer to go. great selections of imports, and no open container law to keep you from strolling and drinking.

lots of great restaraunts too.

10. El Mariachi

El Mariachi 25+ Posts

11. C-Man

C-Man 250+ Posts

D'oh. I forgot Luckenbach's close proximity.

12. Sii

Sii 1,000+ Posts

I love Fredricksburg

some cool places to eat and grab drinks

the fact you can walk around up and down main street while drinking beer makes going shopping with the wife acceptable