So...how much are we paying Muschamp

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by stevedallas, Nov 1, 2008.

1. stevedallas

stevedallas 500+ Posts

to let a team drive for a winning TD in less than 90 seconds?

2. Threadkiller

Threadkiller 25+ Posts

I had Whataburger for dinner. I gave my two year old daughter her first Whataburger fried (but she'll probably be better off in the long run if we don't make a habit of it).

3. iamtigerwoods

iamtigerwoods 500+ Posts

had some queso and many, many fireman 4's. Gonna be up in the middle of the night for sure

4. Okichi

Okichi 100+ Posts

Defense is not to be blamed for this loss.

5. Esmack

Esmack 250+ Posts

he can't make the plays himself..we haven't stopped them all night...

if our O would burn some clock, Colt doesn't throw a pick 6, Gideon catch the INT, etc., etc., etc. this thread wouldn't even exist...

6. GHoward

GHoward 2,500+ Posts

500k per year.

7. hothead25

hothead25 100+ Posts

It's not Will. He wasn't here last year..It's Mack/Maddog/and our lack of overall physicallness. Do we lift weights? Seriously? Our secondary looks like a bunch of scrawny middle schoolers.

8. MobiusHorn

MobiusHorn 100+ Posts

Sorry guys, it is a legitimate question. But, I think that the answer does not fall on the DC's shoulders, but on the youth of the defense. Musb is not to blame, it's the youngster's that get the "blame." They did their best and came up short.

9. iamtigerwoods

iamtigerwoods 500+ Posts

Guys...Tech had the ball for over 36 minutes. This was more a result of a terrible offensive 1st half.

Tech will always get their yards. Especially when you go 3 and out repeatedly on offense.

The slow offensive start lost this game....nothing more.

10. BeatYaEasyEasy

BeatYaEasyEasy 250+ Posts

You can beat Tech with a bend but don't break defense. But, you can't throw pick sixes and not win the turnover battle.

11. RabidLonghorn

RabidLonghorn 1,000+ Posts

Muschamps defense held Herrel to 2 td's passes, of course 1 came with 1 second on the game clock. TT got lucky but I dont think their luck holds out for the next two weeks.

12. ikeybluff

ikeybluff 100+ Posts

too many injuries coming in....some more in the game...... lack or running game till second half....refs didnt call very much against tech....... some interesting calls against us....... on the road against top ten team...... hard to overcome all that.... lot games still left.... no time to lose faith now.

13. aUTfan

aUTfan 2,500+ Posts

Will Muschamp is not to blame for this game.....shut the f**k up.......

14. 14tokihorn

14tokihorn 1,000+ Posts

5 0r 6 weeks ago, Palmer was noticeably not looking back - alot.

Interesting that he became the extra in nickle and dime.

Tonight it was C. Brown.

15. HornInCanton

HornInCanton 250+ Posts

Whatever we pay Muschamp, It ain't enough. All those three and outs in the first half, 9 pts given up by the offense, and losing Orakpo, and the D kept us in the ballgame.

Without really good defensive coaching, this game would have been completely over in the first half. 90 seconds for that Tech offense is like 5 minutes for just about any others.

I'm not sure what you can complain about, but is sure as hell is not the Defensive coaching.

16. Handler XIII

Handler XIII 1,000+ Posts

he had 2 db's on Crabtree, it's not Muschamp's fault the Db's didn't execute on the TD

17. blueglasshorse

blueglasshorse 1,000+ Posts

D played well. Unlucky breaks on the last TT drive. We should have intercepted the deflected ball AND one of the two DBs should have tackled, stripped the ball or pushed Crabtree out of bounds. They probably still kick a Fg to win though. Tech dominated the line of scrimmage for 3 quarters. We go no pressure on the QB. That's why we lost.

They beat us. Let's see if they can win the rest of their Big 12 south games. Probably not.