So I'm getting my hair cut...

Discussion in 'In The Stands' started by killerfrog17, Mar 6, 2008.

1. killerfrog17

killerfrog17 250+ Posts

...and the barber lady starts asking if I'd ever been to College Station. At first I thought she was talking to the other barber next to her, but then she asked again, and I asked, "Me?"

So I said I'd been there twice, but before I got to voicing my disapproval of the place, she starts going off on how she went down there last weekend, and how great it was. I have to restrain myself from making comments, since I was in the middle of a haircut after all - better not to piss of the person with the scissors on your head.

Then she says her niece is going to start there in the fall, and it gets worse...she's joining the corps. Ugh. Then she asks me where I went, and I answer UT. Then she's all like, "Oh, I guess you don't like aggies, huh?" before proceeding to ask, "Where is that anyway?"

A bit taken aback, I ask, "What, UT?" She nods, and I reply Austin in a tone that I was trying to keep from being condescending, but not sure it totally worked. She just said "Oh" and then kept on blathering about how awesome she thought College Station was.

Yikes.

2. SBGLonghorn

SBGLonghorn 100+ Posts

were you getting your haircut somewhere in Texas? I find it hard to believe anyone living in the state wouldn't know where UT is...

3. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

re: "I find it hard to believe anyone living in the state wouldn't know where UT is... "
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Not if you belong to a cult.

4. Where is UT ? **** man where are you getting your haircut? [​IMG] At least she didn't f-up your hair right?

5. mop

mop 2,500+ Posts

stop holding out on us! where were you?

6. toucan82

toucan82 1,000+ Posts

I'm thinking somewhere in East Texas.... Nacogdoches?

7. killerfrog17

killerfrog17 250+ Posts

Actually, it was Hurst (DFW). I think this lady was just clueless, so I let it be.

8. okhorns

okhorns 100+ Posts

find another barber my friend next time you may not like the buzz cut from the aggy barber with the lesbo niece. [​IMG]

9. honolulu horn

honolulu horn 100+ Posts

That is an awesome story. You should have asked her who was buried in Grant's tomb.

10. Oilfield

Oilfield Guest

Sounds like her neice found the right place.

11. blonthang

blonthang 2,500+ Posts

Are you sure she wasn't using sheep shears on you?

Did you look down for wool clippings on the floor?

12. Steel Shank

Steel Shank 1,000+ Posts

Maybe she was from Uranus?

13. HousHorn09

HousHorn09 2,500+ Posts

Obviously, thru the exhibition of her intellectual prowess, she demonstrated her genes to be ideal aggy hunting grounds.

Do me a favor, never tell her where we're located again.

If'en she aint smart enuff to figewr out whear Awstin Texas is, then we don't need her kahnd stoppin by.

14. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

In reply to:

"Where is that anyway?"

Amazing.... there is a reason why she is cutting hair.

15. celis

celis 250+ Posts

That's almost as weird as when a co-worker asked me,
    "Texas is known for it's bbq? I didn't know that."

16. 4th&5

4th&5 1,000+ Posts

Conversations like this probably happen thousands of times a day in Texas and elsewhere, so why is this particular encounter thread worthy?

17. Bevoette

Bevoette 1,000+ Posts

College Station is not awesome or great ! believe me I know.
    Unless you are an aggy or someone who could care less about sports in general you wont think it's awesome. I have Ark almun friends that think it sucks here.

18. TomTerrific

TomTerrific 500+ Posts

They don't let most aggy run with scissors.

For the love of God don't let them near your head with a pair.

I would advise you to find a new hair cut place, but I think that that is already clear.

19. MP5

MP5 100+ Posts

I sometimes find it amazing that some people know what to do with the roll of white paper in the bathroom. I think of weird **** like that when I come across people like this. Why isnt anyone doing a reality follow around show on some of these people? Why are we still studying higher apes when there are perfect specimens such as these we could at least be amused by?