So long Suckas

Discussion in 'Cactus Cafe' started by Horn6721, Mar 15, 2021.

1. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

I just got my call from Publishers Clearing House.
    While I didn't win the big prize I came in second!!. I know it will be enough so to live quite nicely.
    All I have to do is call them back and verify my identity.
    Will report again on my success after I call them.

• Funny Funny x 6
  2. utahorn

utahorn 500+ Posts

Remember to give them your SSN, Drivers Lisence, DOB, etc. They need to get this right. HAPPY RETIREMENT! :yippee:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Thanks uta.
    I realize they will need to make sure I am who I am supposed to be before they send me the money.
    I called but they had closed for the night. You 'd think am American company would have Anericans running their message center
    I will call first thing in the morning and report back.

4. Driver 8

Driver 8 Amor Fati

Whoa, congratulations
    This is not on the same level but I hear there are hot singles in my area

• Funny Funny x 5
  5. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Driver
    Maybe I can put in a good word with the Publisher people and you can get a congratulatory phone call too.
    I hear having lots if money helps your chances with hot singles,
    Getting ready to call them now to get my first check,

• Like Like x 1
  6. Vino Bevo

Vino Bevo Wine - how classy people get drunk

When you speak with them would you mind asking how they handle auto warranties? I'm trying to decide which company to use and would like another opinion.

• Funny Funny x 7
  7. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Don't forget that they will need your bank account info, including CDs, IRAs, Keough, etc. Don't bother your investment advisor, just provide the caller your account info.

Meet you at the free coffee stand at Salvation Army bell ringers seminar.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. huisache

huisache 2,500+ Posts

Be sure to give them the credit card number. This seems important. They get peeved when I tell them it is green with a little red splashed around. They don’t like the blue one either

9. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Hahaha, good one horn67. I got a couple of those scam calls from filling in the HD survey where you can win $5000 so I finally got smart and quit.

10. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

So I did call just to see if I could jack with them since I never actually entered the contest.
    They did start asking for verification of identify, SSN birthday. I asked how the name was entered on the form. It turned out to be my dog..
    Once I told them he only had his rabies vaxx number they hung up.
    2 things
    It is scary how info can be extracted from different sources on the Net and then gets used to scam people
    And I did call Publisher's Clearing House to complain. They never call anyone to tell them they are a winner. Only send mail

11. Vino Bevo

Vino Bevo Wine - how classy people get drunk

Yeah OK, but what about the auto warranty?

Seriously, it is scary what pretty much anyone with the desire can get their hands on these days...

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

So do we assume that your grandiose plans to spend the windfall are now officially cancelled? :(

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Not at all
    I may not have mentioned I am going to get plenty of money from a Nigerian Grandmother I didn't know I had since I am aspirin white. She entrusted her nephew and I to get her sizeable estate to USA.
    Any day now
    May Grannie RIP

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Helpful hint: If you send your cousin $10,000, it will help him expedite getting your inheritance through the red tape.

15. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Sabre
    You just have to kmow how to negotiate. I only sent $3500 which was the cost of bribing some people at my Nigeruan grandmother's bank.
    And of course to help my Nigerian cousin with the expense of travel.
    Any day now I expect to hear from him.

16. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

I already blew all the $$$ I got from that Nigerian royalty person.

17. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Chop
    Then you better hope for a call from Publishers.
    There likely will be a new scheme any day now.
    I also keep getting warning calls from a spooky computer generated call that 2 or 3 hundred $$ is getting ready to be charged to my bank account unless I call the number.

18. HornHuskerDad

^I keep getting notices that $xxx.xx has been charged to my Apple account for purchase of a laptop. Very interesting, considering that I don't have an Apple account.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Ya gotta admit crooks are clever and tenacious.

20. AC

AC 2,500+ Posts

I have a friend in Africa who is using my bank account number here, to send $10,000,000 to. He says I get to keep 25%. So see you guys at the beach. I’m now retarded, I mean retired!

• Funny Funny x 3
  21. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Good for you AC. This shows all us white people are not racist. If we were we wouldn't have so many people in Africa who trust us with their money.

For the past 2 weeks I have had calls about the same time every afternoon from area code 197 which is Azerbaijan.
    Maybe I should finally answer. It might be another relative from the Khan side of the family

• Funny Funny x 1
  22. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

If you do, record it and post a link....please?

23. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Ah ha Vol
    You want to get the info my Khan relatives will tell me and then take my Azerbaijani inheritance

One of the problems is I know if I answer my number moves to the top of every scammer in the world's list

• Winner Winner x 2
  24. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Hey 6721,

If you talk to that Nigerian Grandmother again, remind her I did as she instructed and wired her $4500 in Oct. and I'm still waiting for the $ 1.2 MM distribution she promised!
    :cursing2:

• Funny Funny x 2
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2021
  25. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Worst
    I am sorry I have bad news. She died
    Which is why her nephew, apparently my uncle, got in touch with me so I could carry out her dying wishes of getting her vast wealth to United States.
    I am waiting to hear from my uncle. When I do I will be sure to mention you.
    You can trust me.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Hot Hot x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  26. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

seriously LOL

27. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

It's a serious situation. Have you seen the figures being tossed about?

28. HornHuskerDad

Hey! I just got an email saying that I have won $1000 from Home Depote. I'm assuming that "Home Depote" must be the upscale branch of "Home Depot."

• Funny Funny x 2
  29. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Crooks are relentless and inventive
    and it is scary to think how many people fall prey

30. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

"Home Depote" is the upscale brand for "Home Depot".

Play hardball with them. I got them from $1000 to $2500

• Funny Funny x 4