So, who you rooting for in the Big XII CG?

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by trueut2003, Nov 29, 2010.

1. trueut2003

trueut2003 250+ Posts

Besides a meteor, of course.

Personally, I'm rooting for OU, just so they can lose in hilarious fashion to UCONN in the Fiesta Bowl.

2. YoLaDu

YoLaDu Guest

As another poster said: "I root for OU to lose every game, in every sport, every year."

We have a wounded program, OU winning the Big12 twists the dagger further. Nebraska winning doesn't hurt us at all. In fact, it makes Texas look better.

I couldn't care less about Nebraska's failed relationship with the Big12 or the reasons for them leaving. They are but a memory. A memory we own.

What team directly competes for the recruits we do? Who wants to continue to successfully steal Texas HS players? Big12 OU or Big10 Nebraska?

Did you enjoying Stoops smirking in the Big12 Preseason Media Conference this August boasting that the last time he looked, he had 7 Big12 Championship trophies? We have to deal with that weasel for years to come. Pellini and Huskers? We won't even notice that they exist after Saturday.

OU winning hurts us. Rooting for OU to beat Nebraska is foolhardy.

3. trueut2003

trueut2003 250+ Posts

Us going 5-7 hurts us. OU winng that game will have zero impact, in my opinion.

4. Whiterock Horn

Whiterock Horn 1,000+ Posts

5. Hipsquare

Hipsquare 100+ Posts

Hoping ou kicks a FG with 1 second left so I can watch the Pelini's heads explode.

6. Royalwon

Royalwon 25+ Posts

what hipsquare said

7. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

I'd rather NU win it, don't want OU with another one. We already own the Huskers so a final Big XII title for them will never give them smack rights on Texas.

It's like kicking your dorky neighbor's *** repeatedly over the years, and then on the day his family is moving out of town he sneaks into your kitchen and swipes a twinkie from your pantry.

Let him enjoy the twinkie. He may not see another one soon.

8. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

9. TexasGolf

TexasGolf 2,500+ Posts

10. OldOrangeOne

OldOrangeOne 100+ Posts

11. HornsForever'93

HornsForever'93 1,000+ Posts

As much as I dislike OU, at least they aren't taking their ball and going home like NU. So, I am rooting against that likeable fellow Pellini.

12. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa 500+ Posts

I'm used to OU wining the Big 12, so one more won't devastate me. But to see Nebraska win one on their way out would just piss me off.

13. Mr. Fiesta

Mr. Fiesta 1,000+ Posts

Hell, no! I will absolutely not ever root for the land thieves! I don't care about nebbie winning the championship, we own them.

14. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Tom Osborne

Bo Pelini

Howard "what do you mean you don't have scotch in this house? cold day in hell before your kid gets an offer" Schnellenberger

Deniis Erickson

Frank Beamer

Lavell Edwards

Jim Tressel

Ima Nutt

People I NEVER want to see win. All are classless pieces of ****, who coach dirty football. with the exception of Osborne, who is just a sanctimoneous (sp) piece of crap, who cheated his *** off.

I hope BlowU blows them out of JerryWorld.

15. JohnnyM

JohnnyM 2,500+ Posts

16. huisache

huisache 2,500+ Posts

Frank Beamer is a great coach and has always behaved himself. He created a consistently winning program where there was nothing before.

As for OU/Nebraska, I would love to see Pelini explode again, so I hope the officiating is really bad. As for OU, they have been one of the preeminent programs in the country for the last 65 years and that is not going to change, regardless of what happens in this game.

Besides, I have been to Oklahoma on business a few times and like the place. The school is getting better and they are pursuing a path that may put Boone the Pirate Pickens in his final resting place with considerable discomfort and a feeling of failure. And that is good.

Boomer Sooner for a week anyway.

17. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

18. warrior

warrior 2,500+ Posts

Not really rooting for anyone but I am use to OU winning the stinking Big 12 seems like almost every damn year. All they have to do is stop Nebraska's running game like Texas did, with their speed i dont see that as a problem.

19. tholly

tholly 1,000+ Posts

Don't want ou having any momentum. neb is just a team that chose not to invite us to the parties any more. Can't root for either, but probably better for us if neb wins and better for B12 if ou wins. I'll let my wife decide

20. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

Nebraska won't be poaching recruits like OU would try to given their departure. Also, it would be funny to see the Pelini's all gaga yet knowing they cannot beat us.

21. TheGallopinGoose

TheGallopinGoose 2,500+ Posts

As much as I don't want OU to win anything, I don't want Nebraska to ride off into the sunset of the Big Ten with an untouchable, indefensible Big 12 Championship, so I'll show a little conference pride this time and prefer (not root for) the Sooners to win. If Nebraska wasn't leaving the conference and if hadn't been crying foul so much over last year's championship game, I'd be rooting for the Huskers big time.

But that meteor sounds really good. You get to kill three birds with one stone: OU, Pelini, and Jerry's Death Star.

22. HI_McDunnough

HI_McDunnough 500+ Posts

How the f**k could any of you all root for Dirt Burglars under any circumstances???

You need to think that **** through....

23. Oilfield

Oilfield Guest

I'm with OldOrangeOne.

24. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

Simple philosophy: Never root for OU unless it helps Texas and even then you never know (see TT in 2008) if what you are doing wont so upset the cosmic balance that it will bite you in the butt.

So on Saturday its Go Big Red on you Huskers.

25. South Austin

South Austin 2,500+ Posts

Plague of locusts.

26. geode

geode 100+ Posts

Rooting for... [​IMG]

27. Pentaconta

Pentaconta 1,000+ Posts

A horde of bison-riding ninjas to storm in and loot and pillage everything in the stadium.

Honestly, I don't care. I couldn't care any less. I won't even be watching.

28. UTFan2

UTFan2 250+ Posts

I want ou to lose every game, in every sport, every year, no matter what. I've learned my lesson the hard way.

I don't care about Nebraska, I hate ou.

29. Hook 'Em Danno

Hook 'Em Danno 1,000+ Posts

I really don't care one way or the other. That being said, I could stomach a Corn win more than I could an OU win. Lesser of two evils.

30. Fire Tunnel

Fire Tunnel 100+ Posts

If NU wins, it will continue the trend of Mack beating the eventual Big 12 champ in the regular season.

98 A&M
    99 NU
    01 CU
    03 KSU
    06 ou
    08 ou
    10 NU ??

But, ou has to much and NU, not so much. ou by 24.