So....

Discussion in 'Men’s Basketball' started by harry_horns, Mar 12, 2016.

1. harry_horns

harry_horns 250+ Posts

No one's gonna talk about the incredible sequence of events that happened in the OU vs. WVU game last night in the semis? Un-freaking-believable. Not to mention the UConn vs. Cinci game yesterday, and those shots WEREN'T waved off.

I don't like anything Sooner, but Buddy Hield is incredible and a class act. Even after the biggest and best shot of his life was taken away from him (rightfully so), he was still pure class about it. I really like the guy.

Even though Texas got bounced in the quarters, this has, in my opinion, been one of the most entertaining championship weeks in easily the past 10 years. Can't wait for Sunday :hookem:

Oh, and even though it was an incredible game... :ousucks:

• Like Like x 2
  2. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

I thought he beat the buzzer, but replay showed otherwise. Prior to replay, OUsux would have walked away with a W. It was a good game and kept my attention though. What an ending. In short it was kinda like.....

:popcorn:...:brickwall:...:yippee:....:ousucksnana:

Last edited: Mar 16, 2016
  3. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Yeah, it looked good until slow-mo showed he was late by literally just a frame or two. Still pretty funny to see the horns-down emerge from the celebrating OU crowd who apparently forgot they were playing WVU, only to have them all sink back into their seats not long afterward when the replay went up on the board.

• Like Like x 2
  4. JustWin

JustWin 250+ Posts

Having Iowa State and then ou lose really killed the market for $100 face value championship game tickets. KU-WVa tix were going for less than face for midcourt, lower level seats outside the Sprint Center on game day. Not many WVa fans, but more of them than Texas fans, even before our early exit.
    And the 'old guys in the white caps', formerly "BarnesStormers" are now "SmartGuys".

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2016