Softball 2018

Discussion in 'Softball' started by racerx5908, Jun 2, 2018.

1. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

The UT Softball staff rocking Burnt Orange Friday! I see Coach White, Chelsea Spencer, and Shanna Diller. Missing Kailee Cuico and Coach Kerry Shaw. I believe these remaining are all Softball staff members.

2. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

And the freshmen arrive!

3. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

Coach Mike White steals a 2019 recruit from Oregon! Grace Green is a local girl from Birdville HS. I assume he and his staff had gotten her commitment to Oregon and now she is coming home to Texas!! Getting some of these top recruits to stay home is how he will have to build the Horns. She is listed as a Left hand Pitcher 5'4" 120lbs.
    It's funny that Oklahoma softball has a Grace Green from California that will be a freshman this year???

4. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2018
  5. racerx5908

racerx5908 500+ Posts

This is the exact thing that Connie Clark would never have done. I'm excited because A&M and OU have been nabbing these high end pitchers and we've settled for mystery transfers (although the last two worked out very good, but not championship-good)

• Like Like x 1
  6. racerx5908

racerx5908 500+ Posts

This was interesting to read about. I wondered what happened to Jennifer...it's also so odd that the KU coach left suddenly. She was soaring high on soft teams until they ran into us at McCombs last year.

• Like Like x 1
  7. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Ten Longhorns with a Lil'Talent: A guide to the top 10 Texas athletes to watch in 2018-19 | Hookem.com

8. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

Shea O’leary Our freshman pitcher from California is on campus and reppin the Horns today.

9. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

Looks like Brooke Bolinger, Chloe Romero, and Shea O'Leary putting in a little work.

10. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

Let's get this started! Janae Jefferson and Ki'Audra Hayter in a big hug and Taylor Ellsworth being funny. Brooke Bolinger on the mound with Coach White behind the plate coaching up the pitchers.

11. racerx5908

racerx5908 500+ Posts

I tweeted them asking to publish the pictures of the new freshmen. Other than being an obsessive softball player stalker, which I'm not, I can't tell who is who.

12. HornFinc

HornFinc 250+ Posts

Anybody know what happened to Ciera Schick? She is the transfer from Arizona State who joined the team last fall. She was on the 2018 fall roster a week or so ago, but at some point between then and now, she was removed.

13. racerx5908

racerx5908 500+ Posts

She's listed as a senior under the UT official (public) directory. I assume that she and the new coaching staff have parted ways and she's going to finish up her education at UT.

• Like Like x 1
  14. racerx5908

racerx5908 500+ Posts

UT released their Fall Ball schedule:
    2018 Fall Softball Schedule - Texas Athletics
    7 out of the 8 at home! Although there are two sets of double-headers
    and we (family) typically don't last through two games in a day.
    I guess White is eager to figure out what he's got!

• Like Like x 1