Softball

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by FBTxEx, Feb 12, 2012.

1. FBTxEx

FBTxEx 25+ Posts

Great start to the season ladies.
    4 games
    4 victories
    4 shut outs
    combined score of 52 - 0

Great Job!! [​IMG]

2. Bill in Sinton

Bill in Sinton 5,000+ Posts

I agree. But let's keep this up late in the season and in the playoffs. [​IMG]

3. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Good start. Unfortunately it is the ending that counts, and that has been the downfall of all Texas softball teams. If you cannot win a national championship with one of the best pitchers to ever be in the circle, you have program issues.

4. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

That's awesome! So they have found some offense to back up stellar pitching, it seems.

5. DINO22

DINO22 1,000+ Posts

Good Job Ladies!
    Hookem'

6. FBTxEx

FBTxEx 25+ Posts

Great start to the season ladies.
    5 games
    5 victories
    5 shut outs
    combined score of 60 - 0

7. Bill in Sinton

Let's not be too hasty here. The Horns just barely beat a 1-4 Texas A&M at Corpus Christi team 6-5 and that was at home.

8. overseasbbfan1

overseasbbfan1 1,000+ Posts

Great way to pull out a close one. 6-0 to start the season. Keep it up, Horns, you're looking good!!

9. Seattle4UT

Seattle4UT 1,000+ Posts

10. Bill in Sinton

It was a shame that we didn't have run support for CAT. She deserved an NC but instead lost out to pitchers who didn't belong on the same field as her but had supporting batters. A lost chance for not only her but UT.

11. bclarke

bclarke 25+ Posts

I wouldn't say the winning pitchers didn't belong on the same field. Keira Goerl for UCLA (2003) won 2 WCWS, Jennie RItter for Michigan won the WCWS in 2005. Alicia Hollowell won the WCWS for Arizona in 2006. The loss at the OU regional in 2002 was to Jennifer Stewart, who won the WCWS in 2000.

All of those pitchers were outstanding - all-American during college, and some international wins as well. The only pitcher that beat us who didn't win a WCWS was Angelica Selden for UCLA, and she was considered one of the best pitchers ever (turned out to be a head case, but her arm was as good as anyone's).

12. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

13. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

What a great start of 17-1 so far and ranked #6. Mostly dominating too. This could be a great year for Horn softball.

14. FBTxEx

FBTxEx 25+ Posts

17 wins with 11 shut outs. Wow!

15. Vol Horn 4 Life

Still giving props to the softball team. 21-1 with 17 games allowing one run or less. [​IMG]

16. majorwhiteapples

majorwhiteapples 5,000+ Posts

Solid Spring Fling

Looking like we might be able to compete on a National Level this year. Our pitching staff seems to be really solid. Three studs that I have not problem giving the ball to any of them!!!

17. Vol Horn 4 Life

Now 26-2. This team is gonna be tough to beat.

18. 2003TexasGrad

2003TexasGrad Son of a Motherless Goat

Going to be? I think theyve already proven that [​IMG]

19. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

So this is what happens when your bats support the pitching arms?!

[​IMG]

20. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

I think it's because this is a part of our LHN tandem calling games:
    [​IMG]

This team could be one of the best in Longhorns sports over the last 20 years. Our only losses are at neutral site "not-as-serious" tournaments to teams that I think we'd beat when it counted in the CWS. We need to see how the rest of the season pans out, but right now, things look pretty damn good.

21. Vol Horn 4 Life

22. majorwhiteapples

Megan is in Japan playing ball right now, she is not doing games any more.

We lost to Florida with Bruin and Fox on the mound 5-1 and then we lost to Cal with Luna and Fox on the mount 6-2. Both teams are better then we are, I would say that we would beat them 3/10 games.

They shut us down and handled our pitching.

23. JohnnyYuma

JohnnyYuma 500+ Posts

Gotta get out of the Regional before you can say anything good about this team. They haven't done it the past two years when they should have had a cakewalk thru the regional.

24. Vol Horn 4 Life

25. Seattle4UT

Seattle4UT 1,000+ Posts

Texas, now 32-3, lost to #11 Missouri yesterday 11-4. Coach Clark was ejected in the 5th.

26. Seattle4UT

Seattle4UT 1,000+ Posts

MIssouri 2 Texas 0

27. majorwhiteapples

I haven't watched many games this year, but is anybody starting to get a little concerned about Luna?

I mostly follow the games on Twitter......which they do a good job of summarizing half innings....

28. DesertDog2K

DesertDog2K 100+ Posts

Yes, I'm concerned. She has steadily declined the past few weeks. Hopefully not the start of the annual late-season meltdown.

29. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Slide continues today: Link

30. Branyon

Branyon 500+ Posts

I'm not writing off this team, but Clark's teams habitually have serious problems with late season play. That is a coaching issue. I hope we are not witnessing another season's end collapse.