Some more wide open 3s

Discussion in 'Men’s Basketball' started by DAGMAR, Jan 21, 2008.

1. DAGMAR

DAGMAR 250+ Posts

Awesome

2. Third Coast

Third Coast 10,000+ Posts

Wow, this team has problems. Hopefully it is only temporary.

3. mishatx

mishatx 1,000+ Posts

I was enjoying this game more before it was on TV.

4. DAGMAR

DAGMAR 250+ Posts

They have 5 offensive rebounds and have scored on every possession since they switched over

5. Truck's Son

Truck's Son 500+ Posts

We just don't do anything very well right now. It's not that we don't have the ability, clearly we do. Maybe its confidence, who knows? Fact is, as of now we're playing horrible defense, missing wide open layups, bad free throw shooting, no movement on offense...

Then again, we always have a tough time in Stillwater, regardless of sport.

6. DAGMAR

DAGMAR 250+ Posts

Tom,
    I was about the type the same thing and then we go and foul Eton. Great finish to the half though. [​IMG]

7. Knoxville-Horn

Knoxville-Horn 1,000+ Posts

Who was the dumbassed white dude that didn't pressure Eaton on the inbound's pass? He saved them 2 or 3 seconds and they got the foul with under 2 seconds. [​IMG]
    Ended the half on a 27-9 run...I think. Not bad. OSU has lost to some really bad teams this year. BUT, they beat Tech by 20 so...who knows how good they are.
    I think we'll be ok in the 2nd half. [​IMG]

8. DAGMAR

DAGMAR 250+ Posts

5-9 on 3s in the second half for OSU. They can shoot over the zone whenever they want

9. Mikeinthebox

Mikeinthebox 100+ Posts

i like how Barnes adjusted his D tonight. he switched to a 1-2-2 just to pressure as they come up the court, and moved back to the 2-3 to defend the set offense. really hurt Okie's ability to take their time and dish it aorund for all those free looks for three

10. wadster

wadster 5,000+ Posts

Glad they missed the last one. They set a big time moving screen to free up the shooter on that last play. Course the refs won't call anything that late so good play by them. DJ made his free throws tonight.

11. Bevoette

Bevoette 1,000+ Posts

We need to defend teh 3 for BOTH halfs of a GAME please !

dadgumit ! that second half was UGLY !

I said we needed to score 40 and them 30 to keep the pace but noooooooooooooooo .. they got 30 we did'nt get 40 ! that was too close man.

12. UTmainman

UTmainman 100+ Posts

There will always be wide open 3's when we don't allow players to get in to the paint. If you watch, the only time players get points in the paint is on an offensive board, or a drive and dish and ball reversal. Our D just does not allow penetration.

13. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

This team almost lost at home to a school that's not even in the NCAA and never even had a team before this year.....

14. Bob in Houston

Bob in Houston 2,500+ Posts