Some new vids of the band from this year

Discussion in 'In The Stands' started by STLHornFan, Jan 19, 2009.

1. STLHornFan

STLHornFan 25+ Posts

Ever wonder what its like to walk onto the field at DKR-TMS as a member of the Longhorn Band?
    pt 1 of 2 by RangerLovingLonghorn
    2 of 2

Fir3starter319 and the rest of the band watch a B-52 does a flyover at the 2008 RRS
    "OHH!"

A view right down the drumline as the band plays "Funk" at kickoff
    Filmed by SpacePyro
    More allsomeness as Space Pyro catches the tail end of the Texas Fight chant and March Grandiso
    Beat the hell outta ou!

RangerLovingLonghorn gives us another awesome view as the band plays the Eyes of Texas after the game. The motion of tens of thousands of hands throwing the Hook 'Em at the end is pure allsome!
    pure allsome I tell you

You can feel the energy as the band prepares to enter the field before the game against Mizzou... and the band director figures out they're a bit late and need to 'run their own hurry up offense'
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=OACrpwW8rEk

And finally, exiting the field after some much deserved revenge mudholing on the aggies
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYmyMnFkgQ0

2. drborange

drborange 500+ Posts

3. TheGallopinGoose

TheGallopinGoose 2,500+ Posts

4. Goothrey

Goothrey 100+ Posts

I love the view from the drums.

Longhorn Band Crashes GameDay:
    The Link

[​IMG] [​IMG]

5. orangecat

orangecat 1,000+ Posts

now that crashing the gameday was the best of the videos. Finally I heard some good marching baritone! Where have all the good SOBs gone! I don't follow as closely as I should, the last time I heard the band in person the SOBs were pretty weak, it was the Cotton Bowl against LSU.

6. 14tokihorn

14tokihorn 1,000+ Posts

The shots from the drums are awesome!!

I'm reminded of my theory-in-making that coach Boom is a dead ringer for Keith Moon.... almost.

7. SeaGail

SeaGail 100+ Posts

Love the videos, especially having been a member many many many moons ago - okay, it was 1969-1971. However I have one beef - the hats look like they're made out of rice paper. The Stetsons that we wore had more to 'em (thicker) and stayed formed where we all looked uniform, so to speak. That's my only problem with the look (although I must admit I rather like the long coats - look more "western," but I can accept the new look). Thanks again for the videos - it's a special experience that I will never forget.

Gail in WA
    Trumpet [​IMG]

8. goofyboy

goofyboy 100+ Posts

i think it is the quailty of the video. I am pretty sure they are still Stetson hats.