Some Questions Regarding A&M vs UT and Realignment

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Mr. Irrelevant, Feb 28, 2019.

1. Hideo Gump Jr.

Hideo Gump Jr. Summer Soldier and Sunshine Patriot

[​IMG]
    So long Mr. I, I hardly knew ya.

2. Creek

Creek 1,000+ Posts

Yeah all those teams that ran from Texas are thriving:
    Arkansas
    Nebraska
    Colorado
    Atm
    Mizzou

I say let the Aggies rival UTSA and rot in the SEC. We are everyone's rival in the other teams mind, like Baylor, tech, tcu....It's actually great to avoid those ATM folks now.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Mr. Irrelevant

Mr. Irrelevant 25+ Posts

Wrong!

Here are some quotes form your shill Anwar:

--- I asked if the game could be played on Thanksgiving Day again and was told that ship probably has sailed. Instead, the Longhorns would prefer to play a tune-up game in week one, Texas A&M in week two, followed by another non-conference opponent before nine consecutive Big 12 games.

--- When I asked about the difficulty of breaking up two football schedules planned years in advance, one source said, "You're telling me that if A&M and Texas, two of the richest schools in the country, wanted to play each other that we couldn't buy those contracts out? We could. There's no doubt in my mind."

--- People within the Texas program believe not playing a true rival in a home-and-home series is not fair to the fan base. Oklahoma is Texas' biggest rival on the schedule, but that game is played in Dallas. I was told Florida may face Georgia in Jacksonville, but the Bulldogs have a home-and-home series against Georgia Tech. Obviously, Texas can fill the stadium with LSU or Alabama, but everyone associated within the program would prefer a rivalry game against Texas A&M.

--- Rivals ranked Texas' recruiting class fourth in 2019, while Texas A&M finished sixth. Texas was ranked fourth in 2018, while Texas A&M finished 16th. However, one source inside the building told me, "We recruit against A&M, but when we beat those guys every year, they won't be the force they are in recruiting."

--- Texas may have defeated Texas A&M in the last meeting, and own a 76375 record against its opponent, but nobody currently associated with the program believes that is enough. They want new memories against a program they believe Texas can dominating in the future.

4. AC

AC 2,500+ Posts

:arrow-up:
    Mr. I comes back to the scene of the crime 80 days later. Like a dog coming back to eat his own vomit!

Well, I’ve told my Aggie stories on this board. One of your Billionaire alumni offered to buy my company out then tried to build his own plant after I got him his environmental permits and he walked out on our contract....... I’ll never do serious business with an Aggie again. Can’t trust em!

:bevo:

UT admin can’t trust ATM admin either.

• Hot Hot x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Why is this worthless turdblossom showing his face again?

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Don't feed the troll...

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. AC

AC 2,500+ Posts

:arrow-up:Your right Worster Man, your right. Don't throw your pearls to swine.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. El Sapo

El Sapo Bevo's BFF

Dayamnnnnn :lmao:

9. LAGA4

LAGA4 500+ Posts

Not everyone associated with the program.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

I don't need to meet "everyone", because I don't know of a single "one" that feels that way. Certainly NO ONE that knows the facts of the Aggie behavior.

A&M = Ego over fiscal, but since the latter is irrelevant in amount differential, you are left with the Bum Bright Syndrome.

11. Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott 2,500+ Posts

I keep hearing how "everyone" wants to play the ags again, but the only people I hear that want that are on the radio. No UT fan I have talked to in person is in favor of playing them.

• Agree Agree x 5
  12. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

I'm surprised at this 100% confirmation going on. I know plenty of people who want to play them again as well as plenty who don't.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Do any of those "plenty" know or understand the inner workings of the Aggies' leaving or how hard Deloss & company worked to get them financial benefits when the deal started out with them outside looking in?

Do your friend a huge favor and get slapped in the face by the ingrate, you aren't likely to have any use for that person.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Driver 8

Driver 8 Amor Fati

Raise your hand if you want this **** in DKR

aggy.jpeg

aggy1.jpeg

aggy2.jpeg

• poop poop x 2
  15. easy

easy 2,500+ Posts

I know im in the minority on this one but I think the game should be played. It’s good for the state and college football as a whole. It won’t happen unless both teams make a major bowl. One big enough that a&m won’t tell the sec we don’t want to play that one. No way we get a home and home series on the books either I think if Jerry Jones puts up a big enough guarantee both teams will agree to meet at AT&T Stadium but oh well I’m the meantime here’s this.

16. utempire

utempire 1,000+ Posts

Playing aggie has and always will be a no win for us. Plus they don't want to mess with their cupcake high school non-conference schedule and measly 8 conference games, so I don't ever see it happening until a bowl game. Let them continue accepting low academic standard students and see how that plays out.

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. longhorn47

longhorn47 500+ Posts

^This. The $EC practice of scheduling only 8 conference games and FCS cupcakes are sufficient disqualifiers for me.

18. Phil Elliott

Yeah, agree, there is nothing to be gained for us by playing them. If we win, well, we are supposed to. If we lose, they will pimp that crap for 364 days if not more. It's like a HS senior fighting a freshman. It's a no-win for the senior.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Oh man! This is epic! :lmao:

20. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Imagine aggy record without JF.

21. Creek

Creek 1,000+ Posts

Imagine Whirled Peas

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  22. Chinstrap

Chinstrap 1,000+ Posts

Playing them again would be insulting enough after they bolted and then ridiculed Texas for being loyal to the B 12, thinking they were suddenly better because they were in the SEC.
    But letting the Razorback “flim-flam” man throw a bunch of money at making it happen after his Razorbacks ran for cover in the SEC, and he ignored Texas draft player after player for so many years, would be too much to swallow. JJ is part of a hate group of swines that rival the aggies for their disdain for everything Longhorn. Don’t need his money. Damn sure don’t need aggie, inculding their boys in those cute little overall outfits.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2019
  23. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

i'm for playing too. there are multiple posters on here every time someone says "no one i know wants to."

it's funny how that works..."everyone wants to" "no one i know wants to." i know it;s a message board, but still.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. Mr. Irrelevant

Mr. Irrelevant 25+ Posts

Texas was loyal to the Big 12? Texas was the driver of the PAC16 expansion plot in 2010. If Texas had gotten its way in 2010 the Big 12 wouldn't even exist today. Texas gave A&M a 72-hour ultimatum to agree to the PAC deal or be left behind. During that 72 hours Beebe comes up with more money and ESPN offered $300 mil for a channel no one would watch. Then Texas decides to stay and says, "We saved the Big 12!" That's like holding a gun to someone's head, threatening their life, then setting the gun down and claiming to have saved their life.

The whole point to Anwar's column is that the folks in Belmont want a home & home series. Jerryworld is a nonstarter (thank God). Herman has bemoaned the lack of a rivalry game in DKR. BTW, Jerryworld is a donkey-abortion of a venue for college football.

I find it interesting that so many within the Texas AD want the game back while so many in the fan base are dead-set against it. That tells me that the AD feels the game would be a net positive for UT or a net negative for A&M. Whether they are correct about that is another story.

25. Phil Elliott

a$m pointed to the LHN as a prime reason for leaving the Big12. They leave out the part where UT went to them and asked to partner with a$m on a network and were turned down.

26. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Two issues:

#1. The plan to go to the PAC was hatched in 1986 not 30+ years later. That plan had aTm going to the SEC.

#2. aTm turned down sharing what became the Longhorn network not ABC, which is one reason there is no game and shouldn’t be.

• Agree Agree x 2
  27. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Offered twice

• Agree Agree x 1
  28. Mr. Irrelevant

Mr. Irrelevant 25+ Posts

Wrong. A plan to go to the PAC was launched in 1986. That one had nothing to do with the 2010 version other than UT wanting to hobnob with Cal and Stanford.

The offer to partner in a shared network was floated in 2007. That plan involved both schools paying all the startup and maintenance costs with no guarantee of distribution. After conducting a feasibility study A&M determined there wasn't enough inventory for such an endeavor to be successful. As you can see by the abysmal ratings for LHN's constant re-runs of the 2006 Rose Bowl and the 2011 A&M game, that assessment was right on the money.

29. Mr. Irrelevant

Mr. Irrelevant 25+ Posts

Actually it was the constant scope-creep of LHN content that was at issue, not the network itself. The original scope proposed at Big 12 annual meetings was for one non-conference football game, a handful of basketball games, and all baseball games not carried in tier 1 or 2, plus Olympic sports and miscellaneous UT-centric programming. All in attendance agreed that this was fine and dandy.

That then morphed into 2 non-conference football games. Then conference games were also to be aired. Then high school games of UT recruiting targets. All of this led Byrne to pen the "Death by 1,000 Cuts" email. Once it was clear that UT was going to do whatever it wanted and that the Big12 was going to let them, A&M decided it was best to move to a conference that treated its members equally.

30. Mr. Irrelevant

Mr. Irrelevant 25+ Posts

No, they probably don't. Please give an accounting of the altruism of Dodds.