Some Stats

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Wideawake, Oct 16, 2015.

1. Wideawake

Wideawake 100+ Posts

As of today Texas has these rankings out of 127 teams.

Offense
    Scoring Offense: 96
    Rushing Offense: 44
    Passing Offense: 116
    Total Offense: 107

Defense
    Scoring Defense: 103
    Rushing Defense: 89
    Passing Yards Allowed: 109
    Total Defense: 111

The one number that surprised me was the rushing offense. I didn't realize we had risen that far, but I guess after the OU game we are doing much better in that category.

Where do you think Texas will end up in these statistics at the end of the season?

2. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Agree on the rushing offense surprise.

End of the season - who knows, but the offense, if they keep improving on the field and in the coaching, has chance to end up significantly lower (better ranking). The defense is the defense and for whatever reason is not playing below 100 type ball right now. A defense finish anywhere below 110 (don't forget Tceh, WVa and Baylor are still on the schedule) will be a miracle. (Not to say the team will lose those 3 - anything less than 2-1 will be bad news for the D staff, but nothing has been shown that the defense is anywhere near where it should be at this time.)

3. NRHorn

NRHorn 2,500+ Posts

Wide,
    I do see your point, but UT also has played the #1 toughest schedule so far.

Boston College is currently the best D, and have played:
    Maine
    Hampton
    FSU
    Western Ill
    Duke
    Wake Forest

I think if UT played that schedule, they would be much closer to the top of that list

4. Wideawake

Wideawake 100+ Posts

I agree they've got a tough schedule this year. I didn't mean for this to be taken as criticism because I think the team has a lot of upside. My main curiosity is if they can get into the top 50 in these categories over the remainder of the season. These stats aren't as important as wins and losses though.

• Like Like x 1