Some Tulsa Perspective

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by yelladawgdem, Sep 10, 2018.

1. yelladawgdem

yelladawgdem 2,500+ Posts

While I, like most of the Longhorn Nation, am deeply concerned by our 28-21 win over Tulsa at home, let me offer some perspective.

On September 28, 1996, I attended a game at Oklahoma Memorial Stadium. OU played Tulsa. And lost to Tulsa 31-24. Three years later Joe Castiglione hired Bob Stoops.

Just sayin......

:bevo::cowrose::bevo:

2. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Just to be sure...you're just saying that OU STILL SUCKS, correct?

:ousucks:

• Like Like x 4
  3. LikeMike

LikeMike 500+ Posts

So, are you sayin that we have to wait 3 more years to have a top level team?

• Like Like x 1
  4. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Sounds like he's saying we would have been better off losing so we could get a better coach in 3 years.

5. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

So... you're happy or disappointed that we beat Tulsa?

6. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

So, you're saying the binder doesn't have a page about overcoming a lackluster Tulsa team at home and Herman is doomed?

7. El Sapo

El Sapo Bevo's BFF

The way I'm reading it is we'll have a better coach after losing to Tulsa (whom we can't schedule until 2027) so that has us with a new coach around 2030.

8. horninchicago

Ouch. Dang it, we should have just lost on Saturday.

9. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

No I believe he’s saying we need to hire Bob Stoops in three years after playing Tulsa because that game was like a loss.

• Like Like x 2
  10. horninchicago

Haha

11. 4th_floor

4th_floor Dude, where's my laptop?

Well, Stoops is available.

12. horninchicago

When I used to fly private, on-demand charter, I flew Stoops from Chicago to Tulsa. I think it was in the summer of 2005. He couldn't have been any nicer. Maybe when his life was in my hands, he showed the proper respect. Who knows?

Imagine if he came to Texas and adopted a more Texas-friendly persona. That would be allsome.

13. yelladawgdem

My point was simply that as displeased as we were with our game with Tulsa, it could have been worse. Far worse. Tulsa never trailed in the game and shoved OU around. Also threw in a 99 Yard TD pass when OU had no defender on that side of the formation.

The Stoops comment was just icing on the cake. And yes they still SUX.

• Like Like x 2
  14. horninchicago

I just thought you were being a wise ***. This is uphauling and disgruntling. I feel like I have been pwn3d.

15. AC

AC 2,500+ Posts

:smokin:
    You guys are too much! OU sux, we know that. And we won, so a win is a win right? Show Tommy Boy some love, come on man! You don't have to stick your head up a bulls ***, take the butchers word for it!

• Like Like x 2
  16. Creek

Creek 1,000+ Posts

Why the f were you at an ou game?

17. yelladawgdem

Had a client that had season tickets.
    Tulsa never trailed. We were on the 17th row, north end. Tulda QB calling out signals suddenly yells "SUCKER SUCKER SUCKER" and the center snaps the ball. There was no defender on the right side of the formation and the QB lofted a pass that the TU receiver caught like a punt at the 40 and strolled on for a 99 yard TD.

18. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Reminds me of when A&M lost at home to Louisiana-Monroe.
    Sadly that specific play reminds me of the 2003 Arkansas game. They were in 3rd and 35 and we lined up with nobody covering one of their WRs, so that guy just ran straight downfield uncovered and gained 50+ yards.

19. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Sadly I remember that.