Someone Flying to Tuscaloosa?

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Rayug, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Rayug

Rayug 100+ Posts

2. Rayug

Rayug 100+ Posts

And now it's gone...hrmmm

3. Texas Taps

Texas Taps 5,000+ Posts

4. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

I have a friend that claims his boss is in the know of UT and his father had something big to do with UT football that claims Texas is speaking to Saban today. he told me the connection and it sounds credible. But I'm gauging this to see if happens to know in the future if he or his boss is legit or just BS.

5. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

Oh and my friend told me that Franklin was a candidate before anything about him came out. But I need more than that.

6. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

7. OldHippie

OldHippie 2,500+ Posts

I have a friend whose mother told him word is out that Patterson laid down big money on Strong in Vegas. Just saying.

8. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

9. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

I-35 we will give you 3 Horns up and full credit for your source & reporting here that Saban is coming to UT... if, if it happens [​IMG]

10. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

11. OldHippie

OldHippie 2,500+ Posts

12. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

13. XOVER

XOVER 500+ Posts

I would think that we would at least try to reach out to Saban.

And today Bohls seems to say we have.

Maybe there has been contact. Maybe I35 is onto something.

It sure won't be long before the situation, if it exists at all, firms up.

14. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

Probably a UT librarian flying in to check out one of the ten books in the Bama library that isn't about Bear Bryant.

Get over it!!! SABAN IS NOT COMING. Move on.

15. XOVER

XOVER 500+ Posts

Simmer down. It's just conversation. Good grief.

16. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

17. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

[​IMG] it's fun to speculate. It can't be a coach search w/o a flight monitoring! [​IMG]

18. HornSwoggler

HornSwoggler Horn Fan

Maybe Patterson was talking to Saban about someone on his staff or about someone Saban has experience with.

19. OldHippie

OldHippie 2,500+ Posts

Even a blind pig stumbles on an acorn every once in a while. Not that my friend's mother is blind, but she is kind of a pig.

20. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

I'm guessing the green light for Strong went into motion once they contacted Saban one last time. I didn't ask how Saban was contacted, but it sure makes this possible since now all of sudden it will be official tomorrow about Strong.

Hippie, You trying to be funny wasn't comparable that if the sources were right or wrong, but that I made up the source. Unless you really did have a friend's mother actually tell you that then you are calling me a liar and that I have no source. PM me and I'll tell you the ex-longhorn head coaches name, his son and what city he lives in and what his occupation is. If you don't care then it's all good..

21. OldHippie

OldHippie 2,500+ Posts

I35. I was just trying to be funny and I apologize for the tone.

I do believe you that you have a reasonable source who told you that, and maybe Saban finally got tired of the hassle today and reconsidered staying in Alabama. My personal, completely unfounded theory was that Saban would have come but Powers and/or Patterson nixed it, for whatever reason, maybe cost.

Again I apologize and I didn't mean to say you were making things up or being disingenuous. I, on the other hand, was being disingenuous. Sorry.

22. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

Hey Hippie, no problem bud. [​IMG]