Speculations for Next Year

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by Dr. D, Mar 26, 2018.

1. LutherIsMyDog

LutherIsMyDog 1,000+ Posts

Danni's turn

• Like Like x 6
  2. LutherIsMyDog

• Like Like x 6
  3. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 3
  4. LutherIsMyDog

• Like Like x 3
  5. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

Oh yea! We are on the floor again! I am sooooo ready for the season to begin!
    Please give us more!!!

• Like Like x 5
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2018
  6. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Awesome to see that!

• Like Like x 1
  7. LutherIsMyDog

Good stuff from Chasity Patterson and Audrey Warren

• Like Like x 1
  8. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Still hard to believe she moves so well at 6’ 5”...Mississippi St. may have Teaira and Anriel for next season but Charli and Sedona for 4? :D

• Like Like x 3
  9. LutherIsMyDog

I agree with you on Charli's movements. She is very fluid and smooth.

Since Anriel announced her transfer to Miss St, I've been reading about how none of Miss State's opponents will out rebound them this year. I hope our team is up to the challenge of proving that assumption wrong.

• Like Like x 2
  10. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

Obviously, Charlie will now have to step up even more along with MA.

11. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

who's MA? And, yeah, I will feel sissy not knowing when someone tells me.

12. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

Mide Aborowa.

• Like Like x 2
  13. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 5
  14. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Ainlt that the truth!

• Like Like x 1
  15. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

I really want to see Joyner go from gifted athlete and good player to what an old friend’s grand mama would call a ‘grown a$$’ woman this season. She sure seems to have put in the work this offseason. Pardon the language.

• Like Like x 4
  16. LutherIsMyDog

This team seems to have good chemistry.

• Like Like x 3
  17. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

18. LutherIsMyDog

• Like Like x 3
  19. justabbfan

justabbfan 250+ Posts

I'm hoping this will be Destiny's "breakout" year. She was in a video a couple of weeks ago showing off her "crib" and it's apparent she has lost a considerable amount of weight. She looked strong and muscular. Unknown exactly what her physical limitations were last season but maybe that's all behind her now and she's ready to rumble.

• Like Like x 7
  20. LutherIsMyDog

• Like Like x 4
  21. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 7
  22. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

I love that use of that extreme adjective (adverb?) "miraculous". And, Coach A isn't one to exaggerate or embellish. So badly want to see Chazz and Destiny be contributors this coming season.

• Like Like x 8
  23. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Sounds like Chazz and Destiny are poised to be big time contributors.

Last summer workout means that fall workouts aren't far ahead! :hookem3:

• Like Like x 3
  24. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

25. LutherIsMyDog

My favorite quote from the article;

“I think that we have balance at every position and scoring ability at every position, and I think more than anything we have some depth at every position,” Aston said. “I do think we have some versatility in the post that we haven’t had, we can shoot some from the outside, that way we can stretch the floor.”

• Like Like x 5
  26. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

That's nice to hear. I just hope it's true, because their improvement is going to have to be miraculous for this team to be at the same level it was last year without Ariel and Brooke. Especially since we won't be the post team we thought we would be now that Sedona is out.

• Like Like x 1
  27. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

While there will only be one Brooke and one Ariel, the goal is always to get better than the last season, regardless of which players move on. I expect that to be the case this season. Brooke and Ariel did an excellent job setting the foundation for this team.

Texas will be thinner in the post without Sedona and she does bring a unique skill set, especially as a rim protector and with her ability to hit the outside shot, but the Horns are four deep in the post. My only concern is additional injuries to the posts. As long as that does not happen, Texas will be fine.

• Like Like x 2
  28. BrewComLey

BrewComLey < 25 Posts

I agree with BabHorn. Even before Sedona's injury I thought Mide may be our surprise player this year similar to AA last year. Mide has shown the ability to block shots and rebound. She should get a lot of weak side offensive rebounds and a chance to score points on the put backs.

• Like Like x 3
  29. LutherIsMyDog

Great to see Sedona again.

• Like Like x 5
  30. geewago

geewago 100+ Posts

IMO Collier should be the front runner for B12 rookie of the year. Although there will be some good competition coming from Joens at ISU and DeCosta & Bickle at BU. Perhaps even someone else I'm overlooking. But at this point it appears to me that Collier should be in the drivers seat for ROY.

• Like Like x 2