Speediest Horn in '08

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Maduka, Jan 21, 2008.

1. NETxHorn

NETxHorn < 25 Posts

I live and work in Gilmer and Curtis Brown came to see me in early Jan. He stated that John Chiles is the fastest longhorn now that Charles was gone. He said Chiles could fly. He also told me that either him or Chykie were the next fastest players on the team.
    He was really upbeat about next year and he stated the longhorn to watch for next year was Ben Wells who would have started by the middle of this year but wanted to redshirt. Curtis said Ben has all the tools and will be a stud next year.

As far as best athlete, he said that Chykie Brown and Chiles were the 2 best athletes on the team. Curtis is a very good kid and a hell of a football player who should have played more last year but will definately play a bunch this year.

2. NETxHorn

NETxHorn < 25 Posts

I forgot to mention Palmer who Curtis states can fly as well.

3. Maduka

Maduka 250+ Posts

Yea, I think Chiles is fast, but he usually seems as if he's cruising. I've never seen him in the open field dogging in as fast has he can (except spring practice). So I'm not sure what he would look like in open field. I've heard he can run a 4.3. But he doesn't look like a 4.3 guy. Jamaal Constantly would get to the outside and burn the sideline. Never seen that from Chiles.

4. sessamoid

sessamoid 500+ Posts

Comparing anybody to Jamaal is going to make 99.999% of athletes look slow. Jamaal was one of the fastest high school hurdlers in the world (got bronze in Junior Worlds or something like that).

DJ Monroe had the chance to graduate early and join the team from what I've heard, but he wants to take a shot at the state championship in track. People are definitely anticipating a showdown with him against Rynell Parson.